• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[General] Need simple terrain/doodad mirroring tutorial !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 17
Please, for the love of God I can't figure out how to make a simple mirrored melee map, my terrain lines up but my doodads no matter how hard I try don't line up and I'm about to brake my PC. Can someone show me how it's done ? Show, not tell...

Level 12
Well, it's a bit hard to "show", but you can use G to see grids in the object editor. Copy the entire doodas from the one side of the map that is completety done.

And paste them into the exact same spot on the other side. I just made the doodads on the right, used arrow key to move them to left, so they stay on the same linear position.

Not sure if there is a limit to paste objects.

This is on small scale that I pulled together in 30 seconds:
WC3ScrnShot_081620_212824_001.png

mafe

Map Reviewer
Level 24
I really only use the deafult copy + mirror/rotate function, with the mentioned downsides of it being rather laggy.

Other than that afaik there are several terraining guides here on the hive, which should contain much more knowledge about these matters than I have.

Status
Not open for further replies.