• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece!🔗 Click here to enter!

Need link for how to do the save game in multiplayer maps?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 14
Hey.Can someone give me the link to how to do that thing in multiplayer maps where you get a code and then next time you go multiplayer in that game and u type that code,it gives you your character for example :D
This trick is used in most RPGs i've seen and i am wondering how this is done.

What your searching for is called a save/load code system, have you even bothered searching the forums?

Press the Search button and type in save/load code system, it should give you something like this:

http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/search.php?searchid=1477532

The tutorial section also covers several different save/load code systems...

EDIT: damn to slow xD
that's a nice one shadowvzs, I like acehart's save/load code system :) It's GUI friendly and geniously scripted ^.^

I remember using this with GetLocalPlayer() in order to show the save code at the end of the game so that the user has to end the game in order to save...
It all worked out quite neat in the end :)

Status
Not open for further replies.