• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

How to make a custom map into a multiplayer map

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
Hey,
I have been trying to make a custom map with customized heroes and buildings into a multiplayer map... I know it can be done, I have played several well-made maps (found on this site) that include new models and setups. The problem is this:

I modified several buildings, and created a new hero, with Tsunade from Naruto as the model. I set up the map so it has multiple player start points, resources, etc. and saved it. I tried to open it in multiplayer, but it said it was a 1 player map. How do I make it so I can use my custom map in multiplayer?

Level 1
Hey thanks... that worked. The only problem is, now I can't get the teams to change. The players all appear either as team 1, or opposite teams- how do I set it up so the players choose their team?:vw_wtf:
Thanks for your help,
Kingfisher13

Level 1
Okay, I will try that. I don't know why people would want fixed player settings, though... I would think each player would want to be able to choose their team, race, color, etc. I an trying to make a custom map not in the sense that some have, with special rules and setup, I'm trying to basically make a melee map that has modified units and models.

Level 1
Allright... all of this worked, there is only one more small problem. I can't get the teams so that players can change teams. For example, I made a four player map, and the teams are the same as the force number. I tried to change the teams, but it wouldn't let me. Its stuck with every player for themself... I would like to have it so there can be teams, is there a way to do this as well? Once that is done, my map will be ready. I will post it after this problem is solved.

Level 1
Hehehehe... sorry for the confusion. I removed the forces, and it works great now (except for some reason, whenever I tested my map, whenever I attacked an enemy peasant, night elf archers popped out). It is almost ready for upload... thanks for your help- I appreciate it.

Status
Not open for further replies.