• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Need JASSers for FPS map!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 25
Need Help With FPS Map!

Introduction:
Hello, lately I've been working on a bunch of mods, but ever since my own computer's harddrive crashed, most of my projects have been put to a halt and basicly were lost as far as I know. However I have started working on a new map that will be multiplayer and a First Person Shooter... Literally! I've been working with another CS map "De_Westhill" but it too was lost in the harddrive crash, and to raise your spirits, it actually had a strong ACTUAL First Person Shooter view and controlability and stability.

Features:
-Leaderboard. [Done]
-Firstperson view. [Done]
-Announcements such as "First Blood!" and "Godlike!" [Under-Construction]
-Headshots ARE calculated and announced when achieved. [Under-Construction]
-Keyboard movement. [Done]
-Special Effects such as Flashbangs and Smoke Grenades.
-Auto Team Balancing (If game allows)
-10 rounds until game ends. [Done]
-Teams are 6vs6 (12) [Done]
-Jumping And Crouching enabled! (If possible) [Under-Construction]
-Custom UI.
-Buy Menu (JASSer required!) [Under-Construction]
-Crosshair. {Looking for someone to make one.}
And much, much, more!

Triggerers/JASSers, Modellers, Skinners, etc. will get 100% credit for their work and will be mentioned in the quest log and in the editor. (Even though map will be protected)

I have revamped the terrain of this map and I am now making this map into "de_aztec", a map set in the aztec ruins and terrorists have decided to destroy it all. And due to this act, the Counter-Terrorists have been dispatched into the ruins to defend the ruins and disable the bomb(s) and kill the terrorists.

Current Team:
Terrainer: Craka_J
Triggerers/JASSers: Gimme_My_Bone,RulerofIron99
Models/Skins: KeT, Jumbo_Pie, -=Emergenzy=-, Mc !, XxM0rPH3usxX

Positions Open:
bot-jobs2.gif

Need someone to make a custom UI, Crosshair(To apear in the middle of screen ingame), Loading Screen, and possibly someone to help me get CS sounds.

If you're interested in helping me, please contact me by either my email([email protected]), PM, or even post here!

-Craka_J

Last edited:
Level 25
Concerning Cameras:
I have decided that the two camera modes 3rd Person and First Person view cameras will be toggleable through text, such as -cam1 and -cam2. Thought I'd add a third person camera since many people complain about First Person cameras.
The Third Person Camera works just fine, However there is a problem with the First Person Camera. When you run up a hill or go up a cliff, the camera gets ruined. There for, the FPS camera will need quite some work and may take a week or two.

Concerning Terrain:
Lately, terrain has been looking good, going to need another tileset though probably though. Anyway, the map's terrain is about 75% complete and I am having a couple major problems with pathing. There are three parts of the map that have a bridge, and each is up in the air, enough for the people below to walk under without model collision and without the camera cutting through objects. But there is one big problem. Units can not walk under AND across bridges. I don't mean at the same time of course, but the only way to get to the other side of the bridge from below is to simply walk under it. But the pathing does not allow this. There for, I have two conclusions that might solve the case, but I need feedback and opinions. I can (A) have the coding recoded in the pathing(which may be a pain in the ass and take time) or (B) Make the unit's movement as Flying Unit. What do you guys think?

Concerning Other Features:
There are many features that will be included in this map that you see in the actual Counter-Strike, such as the Scoreboard and the Buy Menu. Scoreboard is completed by Gimme_My_Bone and Buy Menu is still under construction by RulerofIron99. I have listed a bunch of features that will be included in the first post, but here are a couple I have not yet listed that I plan to include:
  • Bot Mode(Single-Player).
  • Ammo System.
  • Two camera modes.
  • Headshots and Killing Sprees are announced in-game when achieved.

Status
Not open for further replies.