• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Need JASS Triggerer for an AoS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
Well I'm literally just starting out on making an AoS similar to Dotgay or NvB/3rd Shiobi wars. The difference will be Terrain (will look different) and all the mistakes made in those AoS series will be fixed.

I have a specific formula to calculate hp according to stating stats and have a general character layout for more than one Hero.

Since this is still just starting I don't have any screen shots. HOWEVER I will share Monkey D Luffy's character plan.

Monkey D. Luffy

Range: Melee
Primary attribute: Str
Role: Tank/Striker

str:25 (+3 per lvl)
Agi:20 (+2 per lvl)
Int:16 (+1 per lvl)

Starting MS:300
Starting HP:540
Starting AS:1.4
Starting Mana:200

"Luffy's dream is to become the "Pirate King", by finding One Piece, the deceased "Pirate King" Gold Roger's treasure. Although his ambitions are

that great, he is portrayed as a carefree and sometimes airheaded character which has a huge appetite, often eating to the point of becoming

comically fat. But he isn't naive. Knowing the dangers ahead, he is willing to risk his life and possibly die trying to reach his goal."

Skill 1

Passive

Rubber Man

Luffy gains control of his rubber body which enables him to attack further away for devastating results.

Level 1

Range Bonus:250
Damage Bonus:100
Cooldown:15

Lvl 4
Range Bonus:350
Damage Bonus:150

Lvl 7
Range Bonus:450
Damage bonus:200

Lvl 10
Range Bonus:550
Damage Bonus:250

Skill 2
Transformation

Gear Second

Luffy heast his rubber body up allowing for increased speed and bonuses to his other skills.

Rubberman (skill 1)
lvl 1
CD recuded to 13
lvl 4
CD reduced to 11
lvl 7
CD reduced to 9
lvl 10
CD reduced to 7

Gomu Gomu Gatling Gun (skill 3)
lvl 2
Increased to 16 punches
lvl 6
Increased to 17 punches
lvl 10
Increased to 18 punches
lvl 14
Increased to 19 punches

Gear 3rd (skill 4)
lvl 6
Str divided by 19
Hits increased to 5
lvl 11
Str divided by 18
Hits increased to 6
lvl 16
Str divided by 17
Hits increased to 7

lvl 2
MS/AS/Damage bonus: 10%
Mana cost: 160
Cooldown: 100
Duration: 45

lvl 6
MS/AS/Damage bonus: 15%
Mana Cost: 150
CD: 95

lvl 10
MS/AS/Damage Bonus: 20%
Mana Cost:140
CD:90

lvl 14
MS/AS/Damage Bonus: 25%
Mana cost:130
CD: 85
Duration:45

Skill 3

Gomu Gomu Gatling Gun (base damage only)
Luffy throws 15 punches in an area dealing a percentage of his normal damage.

lvl 1
Range: 550
CD: 22
Damage %: .4
AoE:350
Duration:4 seconds.

Lvl 5
CD:22
Damage %: .5
Duration: 3 seconds

Lvl 9

CD:22
Damage %: .6
Duration 2 seconds

Lvl 13

CD:18
Damage %: .7
Duration 2 second

Gear 3rd
Skill 4
Transformation (can be used in conjunction with Gear 2nd)

For the next 4 strikes Luffy does extra damage in an AoE with extra range. After these for hits Luffy shrinks and receives major penalties in

movement and attack speed as well as disabling all skills until the effect wears off.

Lvl 6
CD: 140
Damage Multiplier:str divided by 20
AoE: 400
Range:1000
Mana Cost:200

Lvl 11
CD: 135
Damage Multiplyer:str divided by 19
Range:1000
Mana Cost:180

Lvl 16
CD: 130
Damage Multiplyer: str Divided by 18
Range: 1000
Mana Cost: 160

After all hits have been used Luffy receives -50% to movement speed and -90% at attack speed for 2.5 seconds. During this debuff his model size is

reduced 50%.

Right now I'm simply looking for map planners.

People to help formulate BALANCED hero/item concepts and general map design. Priority will definitely be given to People with one Piece models (so I don't have to beg Shinigami12 or Demon-ye for help) or modelers willing to help with creation of One Piece Models.

This map won't be ready for public release for a while since its just beginning. If you're looking for a quick way to slap your name on a project for e-respect go elsewhere for that reason plus I simply won't get along with you. Also please no "this is a gay idea" remarks. If you don't like the idea simply don't post. Thanks in advance.

**EDIT**
Custom models Ive recently acquired are:
Luffy
Zoro
Ace
Tony Chopper
Gecko Moria
Robin
Enel (Lightning God from Sky Island)
Mihawk
Rob (CP9)
Nami

All of these will be turned into characters although Tony Tony Chopper will need to be saved for last since his rumble Ball modes are going to be a pain.

Still searching for others.

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 6
tony tony chopper make his abilities next :D
where is sange?
be sure to put lots of water and ships in te terrain and make it something unique (like no creep spawning but other idea)

Haven't found Sangi's model yet. I'm about to edit my post for the extra few that Ive found so far. You can definitely be assured that there will be a lot of water and islands. One Piece would be silly if there wasn't water and islands :p

Level 6
I'm also thinking of putting in a mode that enables triggered weather events. Such as storms that reduce visibility. Blizzards that slow...stuff like that to emulate the grand line's weather patterns.

Level 15
Suggestion

For your Aos to become the "original" which means different from dota, may be you want o put it as a "Luffy theme" play while main objective is still... Destroying the main building... My idea for you here, take it or leave it is up to you, just trying to help :)

Terrain should be devided in 2 sides with team 1 and 2, through lots of seas and landing areas, landing areas include upgrading and item purchasement. For this game, there will not be a base or main building. Each team in inside a huge ship that contains the main 5 heroes. At the start of the game, there will be a person chosen at random to control the ship, each 5 minute will change to another person and will be annnounced only to the team as a notice.

In between the seas there are pirates and monsters, when enters into a fight, there will be number of things able to be done for the players. The ship has a huge amount of hp, players can attack/cast spells/damage main ship or kill the heroes(Revive like normal dota). The main ship has default damage that can be focus to a unit by the captain of the ship. Captain are the lowers plyer number in each team, they can give orders to fire cannon maximum every few seconds. The captin can also bord ship. When ship is boarded or ship succeeded in bording, attackers are allowed to travel into the ship to kill heroes, they boarded ship may have defending systems. I plan to suggest you that they can buy traps as a sense of defence.

By Killing pirates, your heroes gain exp and gold respectively. However for upgrade of ship, it can be done in the shores somewhere. The upgrde for ship is only done by the captain, any means to trade gold to allies is therefore avaliable in the way..

That concludes what I was thinking for a One Piece map to function. Feel free to make it as different but I do hope it is somehow like that, it is cooperative and fun in a sense. :)

Main ship dies, the team lose....Repairing of ship is possible. Put some areas that pirate ships cannot enter combat because there are citizens of the lands that should be in peace. Disable combat in these areas so as to make the game "more realistic" because pirates wont wana cause trouble :p

Level 6
For your Aos to become the "original" which means different from dota, may be you want o put it as a "Luffy theme" play while main objective is still... Destroying the main building... My idea for you here, take it or leave it is up to you, just trying to help :)

Terrain should be devided in 2 sides with team 1 and 2, through lots of seas and landing areas, landing areas include upgrading and item purchasement. For this game, there will not be a base or main building. Each team in inside a huge ship that contains the main 5 heroes. At the start of the game, there will be a person chosen at random to control the ship, each 5 minute will change to another person and will be annnounced only to the team as a notice.

In between the seas there are pirates and monsters, when enters into a fight, there will be number of things able to be done for the players. The ship has a huge amount of hp, players can attack/cast spells/damage main ship or kill the heroes(Revive like normal dota). The main ship has default damage that can be focus to a unit by the captain of the ship. Captain are the lowers plyer number in each team, they can give orders to fire cannon maximum every few seconds. The captin can also bord ship. When ship is boarded or ship succeeded in bording, attackers are allowed to travel into the ship to kill heroes, they boarded ship may have defending systems. I plan to suggest you that they can buy traps as a sense of defence.

By Killing pirates, your heroes gain exp and gold respectively. However for upgrade of ship, it can be done in the shores somewhere. The upgrde for ship is only done by the captain, any means to trade gold to allies is therefore avaliable in the way..

That concludes what I was thinking for a One Piece map to function. Feel free to make it as different but I do hope it is somehow like that, it is cooperative and fun in a sense. :)

Main ship dies, the team lose....Repairing of ship is possible. Put some areas that pirate ships cannot enter combat because there are citizens of the lands that should be in peace. Disable combat in these areas so as to make the game "more realistic" because pirates wont wana cause trouble :p

I like it but if I drag it too far from an AoS it will lose a lot of people's interest. Personally I was thinking of doing something like that except using seatrains and scheduled ships to travel to islands. Both sides will have an "hq" to destroy. Obviously Marine HQ will be one of these although not sure what I should do for the pirates. Its definitely needing some ideas. Anyhow would you be interested in helping me out with my plans? You seem to have some neat ideas and I like that kind of unique thinking.

Level 6
The main ship idea is awesome, it will make the map unique and will gain people interest, i found the main ship idea better than normal aos
+ you can make one of the objectivs is to pillage the enemy place to get gold and experiance

I'm really really divided about the idea. Its really unique but to make it into an AoS would be something truly difficult. I have some thinking to do before I swing either way on that respect.
Also I'm still looking for people to help. If you have knowledge with Jass that's a huge bonus as well.

Last edited:
Level 6
Won't be doing the ship. I'll use other things to make my AoS unique.

Ive started on the terrain. Its a typical north vs south layout with a middle top and bottom lane But I'm adding islands and rugged terrain rather than having a one dimensional map with spots of land here or there. I also have all the starting triggers finished with help of a friend.

So progress so far is
Terrain: 98%
Heroes: 5%
Items: 10%
Triggers: 1%
Icons: 0%

Last edited:
Level 6
what things?

Times events for things such as "The buster call" which effects everyone and other events like "Sea king Breeding Ground" I also plan to include weather events that cycle randomly and have different effects on the units. Blizzard slows MS/AS Typhoon pulls all units towards the typhoon Mist reduces visibility and gives a chance to miss. Stuff like that (always has to be random weather events and happens at 5 minute intervals).

Just finished the Terrain.(I did it once then scratched the whole project and redid it from scratch) The only thing left for that aspect is to fix the pathing for the creeps on the top path (all that water made it hard for them to run through I guess :\

EDIT:

Well my map: World of One Piece has all its terrain done and I have 10 hero models Ready for use. But first I need all the initializing and waypoint triggers taken care of.

I'd rather not share my map right now and I'd rather not share screen shots yet either but I will share the map and more details of you are interested. PLEASE only people who are good at JASS. If you're really new to it then you're going to have some severe problems in this project.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Angry
Reactions: Rui
Level 6
If GUI can do the stuff I need to be done that works just as well. Generally though I prefer jass because its easier to not get leaks in it (slows game and causes fatal crashes). But a good GUI person will know how to not cause leaks.

Stuff I need done: Skills. Global event timers that spawn random events. Recipes for items. Stuff like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.