• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

need help with my map

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
i need some help with my map.
i need help with lag, with fatal error, need some help with map name, description and terrain

thanks for help

http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/idea-factory-462/ideas-about-my-map-152152/

here are map and fatal error screenshot

{EDIT 1}
i need terrainer

{EDIT 2}
i need help with fatal error ! can someone help?

{EDIT 3}
you need to choose race. than you'll have 2 workers, 1 builds buildings that trains units and other build tower to protect base. you can upgrade all your units and buildings and also you can have hero from altar of hero. there are many items for hero. to win you must destroy enemy castle.

every race has some special units
human - healer - heal,
night elf - dryad - trueshot aura,
orc - shaman - bloodlust,
undead - abomination - lifesteal aura

every 20 seconds there are spawning 6 creeps, 3 of each race.

troops:
100 gold : melee unit
300 gold : ranger unit
500 gold : unit with race ability
1000 gold : unit with range upgrade
3000 gold : flying unit
5000 gold : range unit with splash attack

there are upgrades for every unit or tower, every upgrade has 10 level.
upgrades :
damage : 20%
attack speed : 10% (5% for units with range upgrades)
hp : 20%
armor : 20% for units, more for buildings
hp regeneration : 100%
range : 50 (only for 1 unit per race)
ability : increases 1 level

if you upgrade units upgrade it will work on every other unit of that type (you upgrade footman attack on level 5 and other has upgraded to level 3 footman shall have 5 lvl attack) it also works on units that are spawning in middle every 20 second, so its better if 2 or more has 1 race that only 1 upgrades, because other shall not work.also units and towers can be upgraded to better units for 10x cost of that unit. but for tower upgrade every upgrade only works on your towers.

every race has 6 heroes, 2 for every attribute.
hero can be trained in altar of hero (1000 gold) that engeneer are building and hero cost 100 gold and 1 wood so you can only have 1 hero.
max hero level is 1000, hero has 5 spell, 4 normal and 1 attribute bonus, every spell has 20 lvl, every level of attribute bonus is giving hero 10 bonus to his attribute and 5 to other 2 attributes.

there are many items for heroes, shops are in 4 places but they have big range and you can buy item everywhere, there also are recipe shops, there names are level 1, level 2 and etc. aura shop is only for aura items, there are many auras(damage , lifesteal, armor and etc.). and item shop there are orb effect weapons , if you buy this weapons it has special effects and can be upgraded, there is item named weapon it costs 10000 and gives every hero some special effects and also some skills, damage or attack speed. shop is for normal items that are required by reciepes.

bosses are neutral creeps that are on map, they are for money and xp and they are not dropping any items, if boss is killed it shall respawn in 20 seconds, money is given only to killer. all boses have spell immunity

brood mother :
hp : 20000
damage : 500
cd : 2sec
armor : 20
gold awarded : 2000

dire wolf :
attack : 1000
cd : 1.5sec
hp : 30000
armor : 40
gold awarded : 5000

ursa warrior
damage : 2000
cd : 1sec
hp : 50000
armor : 60
gold awarded : 10000

murloc nightcrawler
damage : 3000
cd : 1sec
armor : 80
hp : 75000
gold awarded : 15000

satyr hellcaller
damage : 2000
cd : 0.5sec
armor : 100
hp : 100000
gold awarded : 20000

razormane chieftain
damage : 5000
armor : 120
hp : 125000
gold awarded : 25000

berserk wildkin
damage : 10000
armor : 140
hp : 150000
gold awarded : 35000

centaur khan
damage : 5000
cd : 0.1sec
armor : 200
hp : 200000
gold awarded : 50000

edit 4

i need help with fatal error and need help with terrain.

Last edited:
Level 9
tell u what: post all your triggers down (i guess there wont be much)

dont put a wall of text, although i have the patience to read all but others might not. colorcode some headings.

post what kinds of job do u need and not just "i need help"

show some screenshots of what u had done.

Level 9
  • spawn
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Dies
    • Conditions
      • (Owner of (Triggering unit)) Equal to Neutral Hostile
    • Actions
      • Wait 20.00 seconds
      • Unit - Create 1 (Unit-type of (Triggering unit)) for (Triggering player) at (Position of (Triggering unit)) facing Default building facing degrees
a bit wrong....

wait while i find mistakes lol

EDIT: i found the mistake. the bottom spawn is disabled and it crashes the game.

EDIT2: it doesnt seem to crash now. it seems like u didnt turn on bottom spawn lol

Level 4
wait i didnt understood what you mean

can you fix that? if you can fix it and give my map back :D thanks anyways (i think i wrote this word wrong :DDD)

oh that sorry i disabled it because i wanted to test my towers lol :D

Level 4
man there is my map i am not editing because of fatal error so you can make terrain when you wish thanks for help :)

but my problem is fatal error :( i want to solve it somehow :(( i cannot even test map because of that error :(

Level 37
BTW, you could create the race selection like this, instead of 11 separate triggers:

• For each (Integer A) from 1 to 11, do (Actions)
    • Loop - Actions
      • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
        • If - Conditions
          • ((Player((Integer A))) controller) Equal to User
          • ((Player((Integer A))) slot status) Equal to Is playing
        • Then - Actions
          • Unit - Create 1 choose race light for (Player((Integer A))) at ((Player((Integer A))) start location) facing Default building facing degrees
        • Else - Actions

Level 4
huh i said there is no fatal error when i am playing alone but fatal error happens when i am playing 1x1 2x2 or something like that and as i said i have turned off that trigger just once week ago and i have not played with turned off trigger. test it with friends or someone play 2x2 or more it needs 5-10 min playing for fatal error

Level 4
i dont know :mad: just when playing but i think its because of upgrades (it is my idea) i dont know. but i know 1 it never happens on 1 thing i mean when it happens i am doing not same things :| sry dont know how to explain :( best is to play with ppl and see yourself this error.

Level 4

when you'll done you can upload it here or where you want :* thanks again :)

and if i can help you too with your rpg i'll be glad ;)

{EDIT}
:| again fatal error :|. when it happened units training was on 100% maybe its something with unit training?

oh sry for double post.

acdestinydream are you doing something with my map or i am just waiting for nothing?
i wanted to play with friends 2x1 and error on 3-5 min of gameplay :| why nobody wants to help with error :| i dont think that no one can help :| i think just no one wants to help :| except of reason 3 and acdestinydream :|

Attachments

• fatal error.png
    fatal error.png
    38.5 KB · Views: 150
Last edited by a moderator:
Level 4
i dont know anything about jass :( i have learned all myself :(

and it was bad idea about triggers :D that i said added something :D bugged map :D but fatal error anyways :D

hey if you cannot test now give me map and i'll test ;) i want so much to play without fatal error

Last edited:
Level 4
yes i know i made when you try to attack it teles :( its little bad :D so respawn is fataling?????? i dont think because game is fataling before we can even touch bosses :|

i just started myself learned all myself and its best that i could done. i just was doing what i knew. but i think for someone like me (that has learned all himself) it is good triggers :D i wrote in hive because of this because i needed help i didn't knew anything.

and 1 more thing did you try to enter in quest menu (Game Info) ? it need a lot of time :| and when i am hosting it needs a lot of time to load map too why? map is just 500 kb :|

and how do you think its good map?

Level 4
wait what you mean 1000 gold win :| i was playing this map more than hour :| its not easy to win (if you mean win on 1x0 :| yes its easy :|) and what i need to fix i dont understand :| can you explain?

when i am hosting this map everyone likes it i dont understand why you dont like. and i have never wined easily if ppl are playing normally game can be played more than hour. + i added towers now and it gives more playing time because you can protect base more easily. i was so surprised when you wrote that is is easy to win everyone tells me that it needs so much time to win :|. i just dont understand you, yes you can like or dont like my map i have nothing with it but to say something like this its strange.

and think again about my map, you really think its better to make triggers that add every unit in that spawn? i need a lot of time to make this i think 3-4 whole day and i dont want to make it for nothing or just for man that dont likes maps like this(if there exist other map like mine). i like this map because its other genre or something like this it can be played 3 ways. building production buildings, building towers or just training your hero. and i like this in my map.

:mad:@@@@@ i have shortened triggers, gold triggers but on 2 min again fatal :| i need someone to help me :| why no one wants to help me?

lol 1435 doodads, 21 regions , 172 triggers , 30 variables and 659 custom objects (166 units , 88 items , 205 abilities and 200 upgrades)

Last edited:
Level 9
wait what you mean 1000 gold win :| i was playing this map more than hour :| its not easy to win (if you mean win on 1x0 :| yes its easy :|) and what i need to fix i dont understand :| can you explain?

when i am hosting this map everyone likes it i dont understand why you dont like. and i have never wined easily if ppl are playing normally game can be played more than hour. + i added towers now and it gives more playing time because you can protect base more easily. i was so surprised when you wrote that is is easy to win everyone tells me that it needs so much time to win :|. i just dont understand you, yes you can like or dont like my map i have nothing with it but to say something like this its strange.

and think again about my map, you really think its better to make triggers that add every unit in that spawn? i need a lot of time to make this i think 3-4 whole day and i dont want to make it for nothing or just for man that dont likes maps like this(if there exist other map like mine). i like this map because its other genre or something like this it can be played 3 ways. building production buildings, building towers or just training your hero. and i like this in my map.

:mad:@@@@@ i have shortened triggers, gold triggers but on 2 min again fatal :| i need someone to help me :| why no one wants to help me?

lol 1435 doodads, 21 regions , 172 triggers , 30 variables and 659 custom objects (166 units , 88 items , 205 abilities and 200 upgrades)

its too simple lol. seriously, add to the spawn. it makes it really wonderful. add areas so that players can build structures to add to the unit spawn.
if u do that then ur making a unique map. i dont remember seeing this happening anywhere.
told u, its with the creep respawn. go and check the tuts, there are some nice creep respawn systems.
balance this map, for rg, upgrading the footman into defender really let u win the game. 500 attack for just 1k.

the building towers is nice, but the consruction can be done together with the unit builder lol. make it either the acolyte spawn building or the orc, which doesnt allow anyone to 'repair' it.

Level 4
no i specially add that you can build faster with builders and you are saying that defender lets you win but other side can build that units too. it is to play with ppl not with no one.

i dont know how to add to spawn. can you give me ideas how to make

Level 4
so it can be done like this but it needs alot of time but i dont know. ok i'll try to make something like that now

ok everything is done woohoooo nice i made all, upgrades , spawn and other things so i need terrain now only and from tomorrow i'll add new units so if someone wants to make terrain for me just say.

acdestinydream if you make terrain i'll upload newest version here. but if you make it fast, i think better i'll add units and things to map for 1-2 week and when you'll be ready to make me terrain than i'll give you map. how do you think?

now aura upgrades fatals :|

Level 4
hey need some help here aura upgrade fatals :| (wtf).

description :D
when you upgrade something, it is upgrading for all players (in your team) and spawn of course. this trigger is working good, but when upgrading aura upgrades, game fatals :| i have tried upgrade 3 times, every time fatal. hm need some help

Status
Not open for further replies.