• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Warcraft 3 map editor - interesting project, need help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Hi guys

I know there is still a quiet big group of people who still play Warcraft 3, and I would like to present my project which I recently started but it will be a lot of work to get things done. Basically I am creating a one non-melee campaign map of huge size with variety of lands, landscapes, environments, units etc.

Please take a look at this few pictures to get the idea of my project, there is 3 images together.

http://imgur.com/aQavdkl,HcXH6Nv,ophdjwg#0

So what exactly it is, its basically a map with 10 different lands, such as forest like darkshire and nortshire, steppes aka barrens style map, desert such as tanaris style map, cityscape style map such as stormwind, jungle such as stranglethorn vale, magic forest like ashenvale, snowy lands, outland etc etc. As you can see, in the minimap there will be 1 layer of specific land, total of 10 layers.

Layer and map Build

Map size is modified 480 / 480 in size ( originally 256 / 256 ) split into 10 parts. Also I am using modified editor with no unit and no doodad limit. Every layer of the map will also consist of unique build terrain such as rivers, highlands, small lakes, woods, stones, huts, farms, statues, mercenary and item shops ect.

Music

That will be another awesome feature, for every layer I am planning to add specific for that region music, for example barrens style layer would have WoW barrens music, magic forest would have ashenvale music and so on. To give players that unique feeling of playing WoW :)

Units

Perhaps the most important feature after all huh? Where shall I start...

Heroes: My basic idea was to have 4 classes, warrior, mage, hunter and priest, perhaps adding more to choose from. Each hero max level would be 50, and spells would be also adjusted to match level. 5 skills, 4 basic and 1 ultra, basic skills max level would be 10 and ultra skill 3, for example ultra skill summon infernal, at level 1 he would have 500 hp and 20-40 dmg, and at level 3 it would be 5000 hp with 100-200 dmg. Heroes spells would be appropriate for their class such as warrior and mage would be typical offensive, hunter would be balanced and priest defensive.

Hero side skills

In addition, each hero will have passive or active side skill which may not bring a huge advantage but for example warrior next to its offensive skills would have side skill such as potion of healing where he can regenerate 30% of his hp.

Monters aka mobs or more appropriate for War 3 - Creeps

Each layer will have unique mobs, for example forest with gnolls, wolves, bandits, desert with vultures, centaurs, snowy land with yeti ect, every layer would also consist with 4 bosses, 3 lesser and 1 main. Each of them would drop items, tomes, powerups, ect. with main boss with unique abilities at the end of the campaign map.

Items

Oh well...because I am planning to make this game really big, and as we all know there is only 6 slots in backpack I am thinking to give ability at shops to merge or upgrade items for example +2 weapon can be upgraded with gold cost for a weapon +4, where +2 weapon would be consumed ect ect, also creeps on the map would drop items, such as tomes with agi/str/int, health tomes. Legendary drop items would be also considered such as +200 dmg with life leech. Merging items such as cloak of flames and brilliance aura could be merged together, instead of taking 2 slots.

Weather effects

Light rain in forest, snow in northrend style layer, sunny spells in magic forest, a bit dust at the desert? There u go!

Quests, scripts, triggers.

Dynamic events where when u entering an area, bridge will collapse with bandits laughing, events like that will also trigger a quest, where you can get gold or items.

I am so freaking excited for this, not only as a creator but also I cant wait to play it myself.

I will also need couple people to help me get things done quickly so I can place you guys in credits :) I will need people responsible for creating and adjusting units, such as HP, damage. I will also need someone responsible for adjusting skills. Creating triggers, quests.

If you guys are interested, please leave a message so I will add you to my battle.net. My tag is Panmisiek#2929

I have also seen that a lot of people is making very quality maps, and would like to ask some of you for assistance :)

Status
Not open for further replies.