• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Need input for a footman wars map

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
Ok, so im in the middle of making a new footman wars style map, so i want to hear what you want to get improved, over the overplayed footmanfrenzy 4.2/3.8
So it can become the best footman map ever

Here are some of the things i want to have in my map, and i'm also working on some of this.

Units important You need to use your units to win the map, by limiting the number of units you can have. Powerfull ugrades so they are still strong no matter how long the map lasts. So they wont turn into cashcows for the enemy later in the game.

Heroes should be important to win, but cant solo armies, by picking the right hero, or bying the correct items. While still feel powerfull.

Tactics: Bonus if your team holds the middle, and you can be attacked from 3 sides, the middle and each side. By limiting units you need to choose where to put your armies, take the middle, or defend your base? Mayby lure your enemy away by attacking his base.

Troop upgrades that are supposed to work together, and add tactics.
Like "tank units" ranged and fast moving weak attackers. That all have strenght and weaknesses.
Rock scissor,paper

More working together whit your team: All of this should help to fix this.

Really special custom heroes, whit cool skills and abilites.

This is a completly new map, made from scratch. Im using footman frenzy as reference because its the footman map i know the best.
Hopefully i this map will be less: Select army, press A on map, select hero.Use skills and some items, and tatada, you have killed the other team's army.
On the current footman whit certain heroes (Mountain king) a army might not even be of any use, later in the game.

Feel free to add more things, and give your oppinions.

AI is added thx to VGsatomi

Btw, any know what might cause that you suddenly get lumber. Got no triggers for it, and it cinda a sucks when you get 1 lumber if you kill a hero, and for 30 lumber you can buy a item whit 35 to all stats :cry:

Status
Not open for further replies.