• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

>Bandit Brawl: A New Generation of Footman Wars

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
Map name
Bandit Brawl

Platform
Reign of Chaos

Creator
Tky Productions: TimmyTonks
(I do not sign my maps with anything other than "Tky Productions")

BETA or Release
Not yet Available

Current Version
Pre-Release Beta Testing

Summary
A New Generation of Footman-Wars type maps. I have tried my hardest to make this map different and more enjoyable.

Features
-Slower Troop-Spawn; meaning that you have more of an obligation to save your troops, and less of a job moving them around.
-Heroes are weaker than in most other Footman-wars type maps, though they are still useful.
-Hero Duels! Dueling occurs every 5 minutes of game time, and every third Duel is a "Battle Arena," which means that a hero is selected from each team and is placed in the arena.

Progress
Terrain:
|||||||||| (100%)
Triggers:
|||||||||| (70%)
Balancing:
|||||||||| (50%)

Miscellaneous
-Many FT and Custom Models included, to make it more interesting for the RoC players.
-Many custom and altered abilities, as well as upgrades.
-Mass-Move; designed to make it easier to move all your troops en masse.
-A different type of hero selection, as opposed to the other Footman Wars; you choose your hero from a lineup with a Hero Selection unit. Much like you would in Hero Wars or Hero Arenas
-Bases are much stronger, so as to give people the chance to resist.
-Many FT and custom Items

Images
I will upload some screenshots, the Minimap Preview Image, and a Full Map View soon.

Please feel free to criticize :)

Level 8
I think footies arent that hard to create so this could come out soon,finaly some variation and originalty in a footman wars.. although i dont rly like footies .. but i will try and play this sometime ;)

You would think so, but I'm taking my time on making this map thorough and enjoyable. Sure, you can whip together a map with a few bases, unit spawns, and such, in about 5 minutes, but the details are what take a long time.

Level 8
Well then I hope it will be a fantastic map!

I'm wondering why RoC though?

Because I've been mapping on RoC since the Public Beta's of the game. I'm really the only one who still cares about the RoC community, I realize that, but it's what I want to do. There are a couple others, such as Virgin-Flesh and Pay123, who still map for RoC, but we're few.

I'll be releasing an FT version (no difference aside from being a smaller file size, since I won't have to import FT models.)

Thanks for the support, everyone. :)

Level 27
You would think so, but I'm taking my time on making this map thorough and enjoyable. Sure, you can whip together a map with a few bases, unit spawns, and such, in about 5 minutes, but the details are what take a long time.

You didnt get my point,i ment the 'Footie'-like gameplay/style which i dont like .. so if ur making a footy this nice as possible i surely wouldnt like it that much anyway

Level 8
You didnt get my point,i ment the 'Footie'-like gameplay/style which i dont like .. so if ur making a footy this nice as possible i surely wouldnt like it that much anyway

Well, what is it that you don't like about the gameplay? I'm sure that there are some people that agree with you on it, and it may benefit to alter the style a bit to make it more appealing to some people.

Level 8
Well, the duels are optional. You can even choose not to duel, when you're picked, but that's before you see your opponent.

EDIT: This project has been stalled until further notice. I don't have time to work on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.