• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Eleventh Released Map- Footman Wars: Ladies Night

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 22
This was my first attempt at a footman wars map. Footman wars had already been arounda long time and countless variations of the map had been released by many different authors, so I had a change to play many of them and get ideas. I made mine with an anime theme. The map takes place in a drunken brawl between rivel district pubs during Ladies Night in the middle of a large city. The players take the role of the bar owners, assisted by hordes of drunk chicks, in their efforsts to destroy the rival pubs.

There are many different upgrades, including ones for both the spawned units and the towers. Unfortunatly I didn’t develop any custom spells or heroes, so the heroes are just the default WC3 heroes with their abilities upgraded in strength and power so that they may better funtion during late-game matches. This could also be considered my most racey map, but its all good fun. The biggest problem I ran into was file size. I reduced ,blp files and deleted portrail files to help reduce size, but overalln the map is too big for practical b.net play.

I implemented basic trigger-based AI so that players can still have a good gaming experience even without a full house. So very few footman wars mappers do that for their players, and I find that a shame.

This is one of the top 5 maps that I am the most proud of.

You can try out FMLN here:
http://www.wc3sear.ch/index.php?p=Maps&ID=1856&sid=1af5280d69fefd75607623a446bc464d

Status
Not open for further replies.