• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Fifteenth Released Map- Ashenvale Holy War

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 22
Sequal to Ashenvale Civil War, this map is another all-female map that I recycled from the AoS map from my Alisia Dragoon Campaign. I spiced up the terrain and added many imported models. Balance was the focus of this map. I made 3 different heros for each side, intelligence, strength and agility oriented. Players had the choice to pick their own abilities from ability vendors. That way, where was no balancing issues, and different combinations of abilities was the key to victory. One thing that always bugged me about AoS maps, especially DotA, was that the spawned units were never anything more then cannon fodder that were there just as an extra source of income for the players. If no heroes were used, the mobs would quite literally endlesslty and mindlessy run to their deaths at the hads of the enemy’s over-powered defenses. In this map, I tried to make it to the mobs were the center o the game, where the heroes supported them instead of the other way around. I put a great deal of effort into the terraining and triggering on this one, and am proud of the results. The biggest problem this map faces is file size and the potential to cause crashes if certainl abilites are used (i.e. melee abilites on ranged heroes).

You can try out AHW here:
http://www.wc3sear.ch/index.php?p=Maps&ID=4121&sid=1af5280d69fefd75607623a446bc464d

Status
Not open for further replies.