• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

=( Need ideas... *sigh*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 14
I think the second one is better. Here's some spells for it:

Assemble Robo-Suit:
The caster creates a large machine of doom from lots of parts and uses it to smash his foes. The Robo-Suit is really slow, but can hit really hard. Decreases movement speed by 50% and attack speed by 50%, but gives 100% increased damage. The spell has 200 cooldown.

Armageddon Bomb:
The caster gathers huge amount of different parts and creates Armageddon Bomb that will explode after 5 seconds. The explosion deals 200 damage at 900 AoE and slows movement and attack speed by 20%.

Clockwork Tower:
The caster creates a small tower that can fire arrows at enemies 30 damage each shot. The caster can explode the tower anytime he wants, dealing 100 damage at 300 AoE.

Throw Bomb:
Caster creates a small bomb to the caster's inventory. If the bomb is not thrown in 10 seconds, it will explode in caster's hands, dealing 120 damage at 300 AoE. When thrown, deals 150 damage to 500 AoE.

Level 15
thanx for spells, but i needed suggestions on resource systems, not spells
maybe someone has more ideas about resource system?

Level 12
Hmm, silver and gold for resource system?

Silver: the basic resource.

Gold: Rather rare, but used for the most high things there is.

EDIT: If you need spells for druids, i can figure some, as i noticed Cleric is being spammed with ideas.

Level 15
nah, druid and cleric are ok atm.

in RPG, resource system is mana/rage/energy/combo points/whatever-else stuff-you-may-think-of
gold, wood and such have nothing to do with it

Level 12
Oh ok...

Then i suggest for:

Power - Useful for improving your guy, but if taken too much, will cause negative reaction.

Hatred - Increases the more times you take damage from a opponent you just cant beat - negative effects.

Purity - Does nothing to you, except reduces the negative things dramatically.

Cant really think of much else, its just so simple yet hard :/

Level 7
hmm how about :

Gold/Silver/Copper ---> The basic money in Warcraft 3 and in WoW

And i was thinking for each class to have a different type of resource (instead of lumber, if that's possible). Example :
Cleric : Purity - the cleric sees the good side of any unit, and when the target is killed, it will take his purity and add it to him. With Purity the Cleric can channel more powerfull spells.

etc.

Level 15
jeez, people forget gold/silver/copper/lumber.

in RPG 'resource' refers to mana and such...

anyway, i'll stick with a lot of different engineering parts for techno-mage
no need for more ideas atm

Level 2
Command: Suicidal Charge! (lol name :D) Pet charges toward the target with reckless fury increasing his attack speed and dmg and making x dmg on impact, but lowering his armor to 0 and making the attacks to him x% more powerful or make him take x amount of dmg per hit.
all I can think of right now :D

No offense, We Don't want to kill the pet do we? :\ Is this Pet slayer 1.0?

Level 2
For the Techno-Mage, he could make a single, stackable, item (gear pack or some such name) out of lots of different pieces he acquires along the way, e.g. -

1 Bolt
1 Washer
1 Copper Wire
All come together to make 1 Gear Pack, which is used for spells; whereas

4 Fibre-Wires
1 Thermo-Plastic Casing
2 Flexi-Cables
All come togethr to make an Advanced Pack, which stacks as 10 Gear Packs.

That way, all the small bits 'n' bobs (wires and batteries and stuff) could be stored in variables to save cluttering up the inventory, whereas larger pieces (Armour Plating for example) could stay in the inventory, and possibly confer a small Armour bonus. (The idea is that a but of wire can go in a pocket and be forgotten about, but a the Hero would sling the Armour Plating across his back since it plainly isn't going in a pocket).

Not entirely sure about this bit but see what you think:
Have an accompanying tech-item with as many levels as gear packs you can carry, (100 levels if you can carry 100 gear packs) then have the techno-mages spells require the research to be at the number of gear packs the spell requires, just to make it easier to see which spells you can cast.

Level 15
mm, good idea, but i already decided to make a special 'container' for all the parts, so it doesn't really affect the inventory, but he still has to deal with hundreds of parts =))
alot of different ingrediens, parts and reagents was what i liked in engineering in WoW =)

Level 17
Well, for the 'techno-mage' (personally I do not like the name), he deals with gizmo's and electronics and engineering, no? And what is required to power gizmo's and machines? Electricity.

Electricity - Electricity is transported from the Techno Mage's power pack to his armour and 'living' gizmo's. When the Techno Mage is below 75% health, his electricity begins to charge his armour (hence increasing life regeneration) as well as power living gizmo's and inventions (this will drain electricity slowly) and be manipulated as a source of destruction (typical mana).

For the Cleric, your shielding/buffing skill tree can be known as 'Faith' as you may base it on prayers, etc. that manifest the Cleric's faith? Who knows. It also seems like the Cleric needs a backbone to his ability. Might I suggest the 'Purgatory' skill tree which introduces spells that invoke holyfire, shun enemies and call upon the powers of deities and angels?

Level 15
Cleric is alright already, forget it

techno-mage (already renamed to more classic Enginner) doesn't use electronics. it's a steampunk-styled hero. and he's OK too already
but ty for idea

EDIT: BUMP!!!
first post updated with a new brainstorm request!
i'll be away for several days, so don't expect me to read your answers soon!

Level 7
ok read your "food idea" thing and here is what i comed out with :

Brilliance Bread - This bread is made with arcane power by allmighty archmages, regenerating X hp per second for X seconds and giving a 30 minutes buff wich increases spell damage by X % (Does not Stack with Brilliance Water)

Brilliance Water - This water is made out of the purest water from the highest mountain, regenerating X mp per second for X seconds and giving a 30 minutes buff withc increases spell damage by X% (Does not Stack with Brilliance Bread)

Fresh-blood Claw - Feed of the barbarian, food of the wild. This dead beast claw has a 50 % chance to completly regenerate your hp over X seconds, but it also has a 50 % chance to infict you with a plague that will decrease your hp by X % for X seconds.

Witch Doctor Soupe - Made by the wild witch doctors, this soupe has a 50 % chance to completly regenerate your mp over X seconds, but it also has a 50 % chance to curse you decreasing your mp by X % for X seconds.

Faerie Dragon Heart - When you try to eat this food, you have a 50 % chance to recieve a faerie curse, phase shipting you into a iternal darkness for X minutes, a 25 % to increase one random stat for a hour by X , and a 25 % chance to fully regenerate your hp and mana over 2 seconds.

Hope you like them :p

Level 15
i already have the food. i need general idea of what food may do. not particualr recipes, but food as whole

Level 7
food can be made out of meat and/or plants. there are all kinds of magical creatures in the world, and cannibalizem and eating really strange creatures shouldnt be aoutomticly discarded.

you should allow cooks/gatherers to pick up corpses or make every creature drop raw meat of the creature type. then the cook should put it in a pot, a cooking fire or whatever you have. he should be able to combine ingridiates (mostly meat + spice) to make cool dishes.

the diffrent meats should give cool effects like eating Infernal's heart will couse you damage but will give you resistence for chaos damage (just a stupid example).

the spices can modify the effect like making it last longer, be a higher bonus and like that.

i realize this might be a bit hard to pull off, but if you will do it it will be nice.

Level 15
jeez, i already have the recipes, ingredients, everything! all i need is an idea for general effect, like quick life regeneration in wow
general means it can be applied to all types of food

Level 7
wow dude, so you must be very unclear XD

well there is not much to go with this...
you can give people who ate a "Energized" buff that will make them good at every thing. you can also give negetive buffs to hungry people...

you can also make food shorten cooldown of some abilites that have a really long cooldown.

or you can rename "mana" to "energy" and food will regenirate it when you eat.

Level 2
The hunger system sounds fairly neat, though the players would need reminders that they require food, so they don;t just randomly drop dead of starvation in the middle of a dungeon; stages would probably be best, something like:

1. Well Fed, minor bonus to damage and speed

2. Normal, no bonuses, no detriments

3. Peckish, slight attack speed decrease, very slight damage loss

4. Hungry, reduced movement speed (walking) moderate damage reduction, and a chance of missing in combat

5. Starving, you're pretty much useless by this point, next to no damage, constant health loss, moving slowly etc...

Then different foods could be more beneficial to you than others, a snack is enough to stop you being peckish, but not save you from starvation for long, while a feast would make you well fed from anything. Naturally you can't just cook up a feast in the middle of the wilderness, so you'd have to visit an inn/restaurant to get some of the better foods, which leaves it open for people to poison foods.

Just an idea, sorry if it is isn't what you're after

Level 17
Don't forget 'Full'. It could decrease your attack and movement speed until you eat. And every 10 seconds or so, you get a pain which deals some amount of damage.

Level 4
Everytime when you eat some food, you will have a 20% chance to get a random buff, can be a bad one or a good one. Then make it random.

Negative Buffs: Stuff like; "Deals 3 damage to the unit every 2 second for 1 minute." Decreased damage and etc.

Posetive Buffs: "Heals unit for 2% health every 6 seconds for 60 seconds." Or something like that.

| |
v v(IF YOU NEED MORE ABILITIES/SPELLS)

Spirit of the Nature - The druid can drain a tree from power and spirit.
And remain it in a flask. Which he can drink to increase damage, and will also be healed for 1 min. (Can also be used on pet)

Moonrise - The druid deals X damage to every unit that attack him or his pet for 2 min. "X = Your choice"

Icy Tails - The druid got a 15% chance to shock the enemy unit with frost. The target wont be able to attack for 12 seconds. But everytime someone deals damage to the frozen target, there will be a 35% chance to automatically deal 20 damage to the attacking unit.

Level 7
a new gameplay mecanic? hmm :

Life Force

The class who will have this gameplay mecanic can use it to sacrifice his own hp to create much more strong spells.
e.g. - Spell "Heal" - heals target for X hp
-now if it uses life force before and then cast "Heal" - the casting time of the spell is reduced by 50 % or heal is dubled.

I hope you understand me :p

=EDIT=
what kind of spells do you need? for what classes?

Monk ~ Incubus/Possesed (if you said he was like a evil guy :D)

Level 15
spells? for Monk, naturally =))
he's not very evil, more like Necromancer in Diablo II - just sinister =))
so names don't suit well

anyway, +rep for ideas

Level 7
really sounds like a Runemaster.
im not sure what "Gameplay mechanic" means, but i have some weird idea:

some or all of the monk's abilitys come from his magical tattoos and he gets them in a diffrent way:
every tattoo is made of some speicel matirel, like phonix's ashs for a fire breath tattoo, mithril powder (its hard to make powder out of mithril!) for an ability that adds to armor and fist damage.
then he needs to find someone to tattoo it on him.

"The Tattood Fist"

Level 15
Monk is melee class, he is capable of manipulating the life energies of himself and of his enemies to a certain extent, using them as a weapon. He also possesses unnatural strength and speed, allowing him to move veeery fast. Has an ability to imbue his attacks with frost or lightning, but his skill with elements is very limited.
Sample spells:
Blood Boil
Tsunami Strike
Iron Skin

Level 7
you can give him negetive mana regenaration and give him mana every time he attacks someone he gets mana. he can also Meditate for mana or have some speicel mana stealing ability.

Level 15
classical 'hit to get mana' GPM is already used =)
but keep throwing in ideas, even if i don't use them, i may found something i'll need =)

Level 16
Yo man ;)

My idea is "Cat's Grace". He posses such lightning quick reflexes that he gets a very low chance to strike an enemy who is just about to hit him (he strikes before being attacked)

So simply build his skills around this ability, such as increasing the percent chance of activating, increasing the damage dealt by Cat's Grace etc. Skills like "Has an ability to imbue his attacks with frost or lightning" and "he is capable of manipulating the life energies of himself" has great synergy with Cat's Grace.

And imho other types of skills (like direct-damage spells, runes, party spells, etc) should compliment the overall value of the monk, where players find useful to use from time to time, but not as its main skill.

Level 15
hm, that is an actually a very interesting idea
perhaps won't use it for the monk, but rather as a base for damaging tree of tanking class...
+rep for cool idea

Level 7
Steal Soul

Stills the soul of a enemy, dealing X damage, and storying his soul into a soul bag. While the soul is at the Monk, the targeted enemy is weaked.
This steal soul acts like a gameplay mechanic. For example :

Cunning Blade
Requires : X souls
Throws the souls threw his blade at the enemy target, dealing X damage and giving him a random unstable ability :
Soul Reunion - increases the enemyes attack speed and movement speed by X %
Soul Drain - Drains the life out of the enemy, reducing his movement speed and attack speed by X%

When the souls that are placed into a magical bag at the Monk are used, the targeted enemyes that he stoled the soul from will come back to normal.

Other Abilityes :

Seed of Corruption - places a seed on the targeted enemy unit dealing X damage to the target for X seconds and the Monk regenerates half of the damage dealt by the seed for X seconds.

Eye of the Monk - binds his vision to the targeted enemy, allowing the monk to see everything the target sees, weaking him every second. Lasts for X seconds.

=EDIT=
about the name...hmm maybe Warlock/Modeus

Level 17
Or perhaps you could make the Monk a 'give-or-take' class. Inspired by an earlier idea in this thread (by magic_seeker, I believe).

Whenever the Monk casts a spell on an ally, he will take damage while the ally is given a buff or whatever effect the spell may have.
Whenever the Monk casts a spell on an enemy, the enemy will take damage (or whichever effect) and a small portion of the Monk's health will be restored.

This would make the Monk a dangerous class to play. The only problem is: the Monk might not have as many buffs or supports to make this system functional.

I'll try to make something revolutionary...

The Sentry

The sentry is specialized in observation and reflection. Most important than anything else to them is the balance between the Body, the Mind and the Spirit. Therefore, just as good as they can handle fighting, they can produce magic.
Their actions work with meditation. They can meditate to gain energy points, whether in the Body sphere, Mind sphere or Spirit sphere. Depending on the combination of these energy points they will act/react differently to the input they may have.

Starting Abilities:

- Body: Meditates for 3 seconds to get one point of body energy. It will boost health regeneration and armor.
- Mind: Meditates for 3 seconds to get one point of mind energy. It will boost mana regeneration.
- Spirit: Meditates for 3 seconds to get one point of spirit energy.

- Concentrate: Prevents spells to be released, while acquiring energy.

Abilities Learned with levels:
(Passive)

- Body Mastery: increases health regeneration and armor permanently, also making the casting time to Body energy faster.
- Mind Mastery: increases mana regeneration permanently, also making the casting time to Mind energy faster.
- Spirit Mastery: makes the casting time to Spirit magic faster.

(*In the last level the casting time should become nearly 0)
(**The levels in this example go from 1 to 5)

-- Combo Abilities --

Counterattack - Requires 1 Body Energy - Activates when attacked
The sentry nulls one attack of his opponent. Instead, he is the one that takes that damage (halved), and also 0.2 stun per point of Body Mastery, having its mana burned for an amount of 15 per point of Spirit Mastery.

Mind Blast - Requires 1 Mind Energy - Activates when attacking
The sentry launches a projectile towards a target, dealing damage to it. The damage is equal to 30 * Mind Mastery + 10 * Spirit Mastery.

Replenish - Requires 1 Spirit Energy - Activates whenever life is under 20%
The sentry restores 100 life over 10/9/8/7/6 seconds, depending on the Spirit Mastery.

Supersize - Requires 2 Body Energies - Activates when attacked
The sentry becomes 2 times bigger, walking at maximum speed and having a 3 * Body Mastery + Spirit Mastery armor bonus. Lasts for 2 x Body Mastery seconds.

Confusion - Requires 2 Mind Energies - Activates when attacking
The target becomes confused. It will have a 10% x Mind Mastery chance to miss and it will walk to the polar-opposite point whenever ordered to move somewhere. Lasts 5 + Mind Mastery + Spirit Mastery seconds.

Spirit Drain - Requires 2 Spirit Energies - Activates when an opponent uses a spell around the sentry
The caster is silenced for 2/3/4/5/6 seconds, depending on the Spirit Mastery. In addition, until 60/70/80/90/100 mana will be drained from the caster to the sentry.

Flying Fist - Requires 1 Body Energy and 1 Mind Energy - Activates automatically
A flying fist with 522 speed is launched outwards, reaching for the first enemy hero it seeks, dealing 75 x Mind Energy damage and stunning for 0.5 x Body Energy seconds. Maximum time of chasing is 2 + 1 x Spirit Energy. (Has unlimited range)

Soul Rip - Requires 1 Body Energy and 1 Spirit Energy - Activates automatically
Rips off the souls of the enemies nearby, bringing them into the sentry. A mass drain life flux that is broken once the enemy has a certain distance from the sentry. 40/55/70/85/100 life drained and 7/9/11/13/15 seconds duration, depending on the Spirit Mastery and 400/500/600/700/800 maximum range depending on the Body Mastery.

IM GONNA EDIT THIS WITH: (all launched automatically)
- MIND + SPIRIT
- BODY + BODY + BODY
- MIND + MIND + MIND
- SPIRIT + SPIRIT + SPIRIT

I hope you liked it!

Last edited:
Level 15
jeez...
thanx ofc...
but you should've noticed, that the thread was revived, it's been inactive for a rather long time...
i don't need ideas for monk anymore...
but still thanx and +rep for effort =)

Level 17
How do you mean when you say that? Could you elaborate more on that? Do you mean the structure of the crafting itself or what?

I don't mean to sound stupid, but I am interpreting what you said in different ways.

Level 15
well, its like talent/skill trees in WoW and Diablo II/III, but they enhance crafting skills of the character. Every 5 skill-ups he gets a point to spend in the tree.

Hard Work - passively increases Strength and health
Chain Mail - allows learning chainmail recipes
Signature Weapon - passively increases damage dealt while wieloding a self-made weapon
Improved Technique - passively increases crafting speed
Master Weaponsmith - allows learning special weapon recipes
Master Armorsmith - allows learning special armor recipes
Well-Tempered - passively increases crafted items' durability
Animated Armour - summoning spell. costs 1 piece of chest armor. summon's stats depend on the stats of the armor sacrificed

now i need moar, moar of them =)))
for other crafting skills (Alchemy, Jewelcrafting, Architecture, Woodworking, Mining, etc.)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.