• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

=( Need ideas... *sigh*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 15
I'm a bit out of ideas...

Whats the biggest problem of crafting in RPGs? It's rather boring. Take 3 resource X, 4 resource Y, hit teh button, voila!
Some games turn crafting into a mini-game, which may be rather interesting, but it's difficult to make that kind of things in WCIII.
So, thought 'bout making crafting similar to leveling a char in WoW (or Diablo II for that matter) - when you get a set number of skill-ups, you get Skill point to be used on various "crafting talents". "Crafting talents" serve different purposes - increase chance to make a high-quality item, reduce material cost, making time or cooldown, give a chance to regain some of the materials used, increase crafter's own stats (as a result of hard work :)), etc.
The problem is, I need some ideas 'bout what those talents may look like. I have some in mind, but too few of them.
Crafting profession examples (to give you a direction): Blacksmithing, Woodworking, Jewelcrafting, Architecture, Alchemy, etc.

In my RPG I gonna make many classes (15, to be precise), in order to make use of as many awesome ideas as possible =)))
After thinking of like 14 classes, I'm a bit out of ideas. So, I gonna ask for a little brainstorm =)))
The class must be ranged, focused on bows. I already have a classical Marksman class, now I want something more interesting. It would be cool if it could heal as well. Some pure support traits would be cool too. No pets though.
I don't mind if it's sex-specific, or requires some unique pieces of gear, or anything. Though, It mustn't be race/nation-specific (ex: "Amazon" implies a separate nation of warrior women, so it's not very suitable)
So, what I need:
Class name, description, three "paths" (skill trees) for it, some sample skills (active, passive, ultimates, whatever), gameplay mechanic (if you can't think of any - then omit this, I'll think of a mechanic myself), possibly a piece of art from some other game, to show what your class should look like.
And PLEASE, think out of the WarCraft box... No Priestess of the Moon/Dark Ranger remakes please...
Waiting for your ideas!

PS: as Blizz said in Diablo III trailer, "there's no such thing as too much power" - don't be afraid of overpowering your class =)))

NONE =)))

+ rep will be awarded for good ideas.
NO rep for lame ideas and posts >:|
Let the brainstorm begin!

PS: I you are interested in my project and want to help more, have a look at the recruitment link in my sig!

Last edited:
Level 2
I think you forgot the simplest pet spell of all: Taunt
Will there be different races for the druid? ie. Tauren druid, Night elf druid?

Level 12
Trillium ran out of ideas again?

Super Feed Pet: You throw your pet some food. It eats it, and starts to grow to an enourmous size for 25 seconds. During that time, it gains minor damage an hitpoints, and gains the devour ablity.

Level 15
not really ran out of ideas =)) just i'm focused on another class atm =)

i'd rather not have spells adding abilities to pets. pets gonna have alot of skills themselves.

Level 4
Command: Stealth!/Backstab!/Sneak! (you get the idea :p) Pet tries to sneak behind the target and get a critical hit with that, has a x% (depends on how powerful you make his crit) chance to be caught in action, lowered by a passive ability found on some beasts (cats mostly) and raised by another passive ability found on some beasts (big and noisy animals)
Command: Suicidal Charge! (lol name :D) Pet charges toward the target with reckless fury increasing his attack speed and dmg and making x dmg on impact, but lowering his armor to 0 and making the attacks to him x% more powerful or make him take x amount of dmg per hit.
all I can think of right now :D

Level 15
Command: Stealth - and how do you suppose would a rhino try to sneak?

Command: Suicidal Charge - not bad. needs a better name though

Level 4
Stealth is supposed to be one for the cats and some stealthier ones, that is why there would be penalties for the bigger beasts, but I suppose this would render it useless, since from what I've undestood the pet will/might change often.
Suicidal charge might also be for example Reckless charge.

Level 15
hm, i somehow didn't think of different spells for different pets... i begin to lag it seems =DDD not stealth (stealth reserved as an ability for cat-type pets), but something similiar will be used for sure. ty for idea

keep the ideas flowing, people =)

Level 4
Unstackable Rage - Heals the pet for 5% of druids maximum health every 0.5 seconds, but the druid will take damage equal to that. Then the druid dies, the effect will disaband and the druid will be revived 10 seconds after with 20% health.

Burning Soul - 'Aura' deals 20 damage to anyone who strikes the pet. But pet will loose 5 health everytime it cast a spell or ability.

Will of the Beserker - The pet regenerates 1% health every second for 20 seconds and increase attack speed by 125%

Channeling Life - The druid regenerate 50% of the pet's current health, will decrease health of the pet by 50% of current health.
And gives the pet 50% of the druids current mana, and druid loose 50% of his mana. Pet's health regeneration will be increased by 200% for 5 seconds, and druids mana regeneration will be increased by 100% for 10 seconds.

Agrassive Magic - The pet regenerate 10% of it's maximum mana and makes a AoE blow, that deals damage equal to it's regenerated mana.

Level 17
Command: Protect
The druid orders his companion to surround the druid like a shield and stay in that position at all times. If a target strikes the druid, the pet will attack that target.
Spirit Swap
The druid and his companion swap spirits, granting the druid the amount of life the pet had before the spell was cast and vice versa.
Transfer
The druid transfers all negative buffs from himself to his companion. This has a xx% chance of angering the companion, increasing his attack speed by xx%

Level 2
One with the beast- The druid channels a ancient spell making him and his pet one. The shape of the form would change depending on his pet also his abilities would change to those of the pet but stronger.

Illuminate Energy

Instantly drains 30% of the pet's mana, creating a shield out of it around the druid. The pet is immobile for the duration of the spell. The shield blocks incoming damage dealt to the druid (and, since they have Spirit Bond, the pet will also have incoming damage blocked :)), until the 30% of mana amount is spent.
Lasts up to 12 seconds.

Spiritual Comparison

Makes the pet rush towards a target unit, temporarily replacing its ownership to the owner of the druid. The pet is sacrifised, while the effect lasts up to the level of the tamed pet. (You can make it so that Tame Animal can tame only animal-looking units, while this can target any unit ;))

Level 15
very cool idea, deseves rep too, but hive has a limit of total rep a user can give per 24 hours. doesn't matter whom i'd give rep, i must wait. so can't even spread rep...

Level 15
ok, Druid is alright now =)))
but, i'm still a bit out of ideas...
First post updated with a new brainstorm request!
Waiting for your ideas!

Level 4
Bonding=A tree which would have abilities that buff the person by creating a link; so for example a primary stat like strength buff would greatly increase the the target, but it would mean he's channeling it from himself, so he has reduced strength for as long as the bond lasts.
Other Bonds could have mana and hp (every lost mana is shared by the linked/every blow that deals damage is shared)
More Bond ideas: Share/move negative buffs so either move the negative buff from target to pally or another target (somebody who can dispell is nice :D)

Of course none of this works if this is a single player RPG T_T

Level 15
i'm going to make an accent on mercenaries, so it is possible.
actually, it's a good idea, with some polishing may come out rather nice
+ rep ofc

Level 3
If still in time, for the cleric, a simple one:

Mount: the cleric will mount (doh) his pet and gains movespeed, hit points and armor.

Also the pet can overgrow if it is too small for being mounted.

Level 15
mounts and mounted comabat will be included anyway (well, perhaps, if i figure out how to make it...)
also, i need concepts for skill trees (imagine diablo 2-3 / WoW / WAR), separate abilities are not so important

Level 3
Well, sory i'm going bit slow today, can specify "how" you want this concept?

i mean, a tree itself, of wich skill lead to others, like a specialization/learning curve?
Or something more like a whole list of skills to fit on some tree you already have?

both maybe ?

Level 15
anything =)))
a skill tree name, a skill tree concept (aka what kind of skills should there be) or just an ultimate of the tree (shows the general kind of abilities in the tree too).

Level 7
Well you said the hero is a healer right. So here are some ideas :

Skill Tree Name : Guardian

Skill 1: Guardian Angel
TYPE : Protective
Effect: The celtic channeles his holy magic into a shield that protects the target. While he channeles the shield, any direct damage done to the target will drain mana from the channeler.Channeling spell.

Skill 2 : Gift of Gods
TYPE : Buff
Effect : The target recieves a gift from gods, that increases his hit points by X% of the celtic's intelligence.

Skill 3 : Holy Persistence
TYPE : Passive Ability
Effect : The holy light is defending the celtic, giving him a X% chance to resist any kind of school of magic spell.

Skill 4 (Ultimate) : Age of the Light
TYPE : Self Buff
Effect : The celtic puts a blessing on himself, increasing all of his spells effects :
Guardian Angel-The mana drain is reduced by allmost 50 %.
Gift of Gods-It increases by 2x X% of the celtic's intelligence.
Holy Persistence-2x X% chance to resist any school of magic spell.
The effect lasts for X seconds.

Hope you like it. The "X" is for you to replace with whatever numbers you want.

Level 15
it's Cleric, not Celtic, lol =DD
but thanx for ideas. gave me idea to merge buffs and shields into one tree
+rep for sure
actually cleric as ok now, but i'm open for revolutionary ideas

Level 7
Skill Tree Name : Dark Light Cleric
Description : I know you said only holy things, but i'm out of ideas at that chaptor, so i camed up with this. This skill tree should be a bit overpowered by the other 2, but with the cost of a price. Dark Light isn't allways a good thing.

Skill 1 : Circle of Dark Blessing
TYPE : AoE Healing Spell
Description : The cleric channeles a circle around him, that heals X hit points per second untill the channel ends. Also there is a X% that the dark magic might ran out of control and then the allie targets will recieve X% damage for X seconds or untill the channeling stops.Channeling

Skill 2 : King's Death Blessing
TYPE : Buff
Description : Increases the target's armor by X and the damage by X. Also there is a X% chance that the dark magic may cover the light magic and the target should have his armor decreased by X and damage decreased by X

Skill 3 :Curse of the Dark Light
TYPE : Damage Over Time
Description : The cleric puts a dark light curse on his enemy target dealing X damage per X seconds. Also the light magic might take over the dark magic and then the targeted enemy unit will be healed by X hit points for X seconds.

Skill 4 (Ultimate) : Beacon of Light and Darkness
TYPE : AoE Damage/Healing Spell
Description : The cleric manages to control the light magic and the dark magic and calles down on the targeted location the might of the magic, dark magic eather heals the enemy, or damages the allie and the light magic eather heals the allies, or damages the enemyes.

Ok the "X" is for you to put the numbers, but i suggest that the spells should be a bit overpowered (the light ones, and the darkness ones to be normal), cuz that's the only way people are gonna roll this talent tree.

Yeah i know, it sucks. :( but i need some time to think about another holy tree. I meen you have allready the healing and the buffing/shielding, what could a priest do beside that? o_O

Level 15
hm, won't suit my cleric, but that's a cool idea...
will use it for sure, +rep

ok, cleric is alright, he doesn't need any more ideas (revolutionary ideas are still welcome)

Status
Not open for further replies.