• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Need ideas for my ORPG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
I need some ideas for what the second half of my "starting area island" is going to contain, Im just totally empty of ideas. Look at the screenshots I've attached to this post, the first one shows the whole island and what the finished half looks like. The second pic is a closer look on the unfinished half.

What you see on the finished area is:
The starting area to the south
A pirate camp north-west of the starting area (you can enter the ships)
The islands main town in the north-west corner
An outlaw camp on the mini island south of the unfinished area
Other than that it's just forests containing wolves or dire wolves.

What I know is that I dont want the forest to continue on the other side.

So let me know if you have any good ideas :)

Attachments

• Map.jpg
    Map.jpg
    275.4 KB · Views: 104
  • Map2.jpg
    Map2.jpg
    291.5 KB · Views: 122
Last edited:
Level 18
Comments:
• You should re-work your terrain, blizzard's cliffs dont look natural, tree implantation may be strange. The city need rework too.
• Concerning the second part of your island you have to think to 'what is natural ?'. You have a mountain barrier, there can be a desert on the other side (because the mountains block the clouds so there's no rain behind it). If you want to make something that fit with the rest of the island you can make a plain with some trees (not so much) and other doodads. Up to you to make it living thanks to moving critters and inteligent creeps.
• The general shape of your island is really good ;-)
• You shouldnt just use 'Wolf' and 'Dire Wolf' in your forest, its kinda old an unoriginal. You'd better use Ghosts, Sasquatch, Wolf, Spiders, Giant Snake (there are models on the Hive), Corrupted or Guardian Living Trees and so on...

Level 10
If I were you I would make some low-lying hills with some sparse trees scattered here and there and maybe add a few camps of "nomadic creeps" for the players to fight as because in my opinion that would be the next logical terrain coming out of a forest.

Level 7
Comments:
• You should re-work your terrain, blizzard's cliffs dont look natural, tree implantation may be strange. The city need rework too.
• Concerning the second part of your island you have to think to 'what is natural ?'. You have a mountain barrier, there can be a desert on the other side (because the mountains block the clouds so there's no rain behind it). If you want to make something that fit with the rest of the island you can make a plain with some trees (not so much) and other doodads. Up to you to make it living thanks to moving critters and inteligent creeps.
• The general shape of your island is really good ;-)
• You shouldnt just use 'Wolf' and 'Dire Wolf' in your forest, its kinda old an unoriginal. You'd better use Ghosts, Sasquatch, Wolf, Spiders, Giant Snake (there are models on the Hive), Corrupted or Guardian Living Trees and so on...

Thanks for your tips, I know that the forest kinda dosnt look very cool on the overview and I might make some changes to it.

But what's wrong with my city? :(

Status
Not open for further replies.