• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Transylvanian Village Defence

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Hey I took a long break from this due to lack of ideas. Some of you may recognize this old project. I dream t up the idea for the map so there's lots of holes haha. There are two players.

The first player is a vampire at a cliche castle atop winding cliffs. They have to destroy player two's village. The vampire lord has necromantic spells and can turn into a wolf that moves much faster. He can have 2 additional heroes that are Vampire Thralls. They have minor necromantic spells and can turn into a bat. There are also undead units and wolves. During the day this team is drastically weakened and their mana is set to 0 so they can't raise any dead to attack the village until nightfall.

Player two, as mentioned, as a village that they have to defend every night against the vampire's hordes from the north. Every day, they build buildings such as barricades that can be upgraded to walls eventually and a church. I'm having trouble with ideas for the village. I hope to make everything upgradable until it's an extension of the city of sorts. They must also defend from the east because the vampires have a wolf cave where they can train wolves to terrorize the village.

South of the castle, and north of the village, there is the city. There are useful areas for the humans such as a marketplace and a tavern to recruit a witch hunter and maybe a ranger. During the day, peasants roam the streets. But at night, the villagers turn into zombies and are under the vampires control. When day comes again, the zombies die and more villagers are spawned. Just west of the village is a graveyard. I may make it so zombies or something pop up or are trainable from the crypt. But there is a gravekeeper who sells balms and such to combat the undead.

There is a big area to the south-west and the north-east that are just open. I don't know what to put there. I was thinking, since the north-east is a BIG area that i would lead to a paladin and his chapel, but that's not nearly enough. I'm really stuck, which is why I haven't worked on this in two months so any ideas would be appreciated.

Level 18
I too have a similar theme idea...

I too happen to have though of such idea recently... My version is basically nearly identical to 'Vampirism' map but with a little twist...

There are two forces, Commoner and Evil. Commoner is basically human folks while Evil as the word suggest are evil creature. Commoner starts with a Wagon (to set up Town Hall) and group of units depending on what option the player(s) choose (example: Whoever chooses 'Settler' will start with 1 Elder Villager + 5 Builder, and whoever chooses 'Soldier' will start with 1 Veteran + 3 Militia + 1 Builder). Evil allow the player to pick an Evil Creature of their choice (Vampire, Werewolf, Animated Corpse a.k.a Frankenstein's Monster). NOTE: Only one evil creature per type can exist a.k.a only 3 Players can play the role of Evil forces.

Commoner forces can establish a town of their own, research upgrades and train units to fulfill the need of their settlement (miner, militia, priest, etc). Evil forces cannot construct buildings and train units but they however can convert enemy units into minions (example: Vampire can convert enemy units into Lesser Vampire, Werewolf can convert enemy units into Lesser Werewolf). The Frankenstein's Monster will be a special case as it cannot convert enemy units into minion but is capable of 'constructing' a powerful Support Minion (bride) with the help of items and components.

Commoner forces can hire Heroes to assist them in battling the Evil forces (example: Melee oriented Paladin, Range oriented Hunter, Magic oriented Gypsy).

The map layout was initially envision to be on an Island, but setting at an Inland terrain can also be use.

The aim of the game is to wipe out the opposing force.

Perhaps by combining your idea and mine may we/you create a new type of game...

Level 4
I do like a lot of your idea. I'm not sure that I want to change the layout of the game though. I am playing around with buffs and triggers so that at a chance, the villagers can be plagued when hit by the vampires horde and turn into zombies.

I think your idea is really cool and it sounds like it could be really successful, and I'd love to pitch in with ideas or anything if you need them as you probably don't want a noob like me messing around with your map lol. But with your permission I would love to incorporate that gypsy idea first of all. I love that one.

If I can ask, do you have any idea as what kind of troops to use for the villagers? You seem like you have a lot of ideas for your commoner forces and I'm at a loss at my villager techtrees in terms of buildings and soldiers. I don't mean to steal the ideas for your game but you just seem like your on a roll and i would love to take any overflow of ideas.

Are you planning on using multiple players for your game? Off topic but I'm curious as to how that's gonna be laid out.

Level 5
Oh you're the one asking for ideas in previous thread right? you suck all my ideas in the last post, let me think for a while...
Question :
Is this a 2 player game>

I can do a little terraining for you

EDIT :
Game

- Vampire DOES NOT turn into a wolf, that's wolverine, who rival with vampire (But it's you're map)
- Cause Vampire burned at light, the Vampire life drained when out of the cave/castle at daylight
- Don't turn villagers to zombies, turn it to lesser vampire (only when vampire near the peasant) .Idea by Wandering Soul
- Make another force that fight Vampire and Human.... For fun. (For me you should make wolverine, a creep force that does not have any settlement, but roam the forest at night)
- The graveyard idea was kinda cool but again Zombies and Vampire does not match. you can make a lesser vampire (But then again it's you're map)
- The cave, why don't you make the trained unit bats

Buildings

- Church can damage enemy that near the church, train priest and Paladin (Not Hero)
- Make a house that spawn peasant at day, the Peasant that turn into enemy,
if the house destroyed, no new peasant can spawn from there, help the Human (No Zombies) and help the Vampire (No peasant)
- Make a crypt at the middle of the graveyard (2 or 3 maybe?), if destroyed, no enemy near that area spawned
- Make that point of the game is :
for Human
1. Destroy the cave
2. Destroy the Graveyard
3. Destroy the Castle

for Vampire
1. Destroy the Village (Player 2)
2. Destroy the City (Computer)

Sorry for my english and for bothering you again

Last edited:
Level 18
To mannfred,
The idea I posted here is just a draft, not a map. Sure you can pick up some of the ideas there and incorporate it into your map.
You don't have to overhaul the whole map terrain, just focus on getting the game function while minimizing the number of flaws. You can tweak the map terrain later as you add new features in later releases.

To aldo2000
Depending from which country the lore is based on, vampires are actually capable of shapeshifting. Some can turn into owl, crow/raven, bat, wolf/dog, etc.
The idea of woodland creeps being available on the map is a good option. It gives both Human and Vampire forces an alternative way of level-up or farm for gold/resource (if there's no goldmine on the map)

Additional Ideas (Human/Vampire unit production)
~Assuming 'Vampire' player can only infect/convert 'Builder' units.~
If you're using the default mechanism for producing Human units for your map (training each unit type separately), be warn as more experience players will minimize the number of Builders and maximize the number of Soldier to avoid making more enemies to themselves.

To overcome this, have every 'Human' player only capable of producing 'Builder' units only. To obtain 'Soldier' units, they have to "sacrifice" their Builder through a building to train them into Soldier (Similar to how in-game Acolyte being sacrifice into a Shade through an Altar of Sacrifice). Although the above problem will still occur, 'Human' players are unable to skip from producing Builders, allowing the 'Vampire' player a chance to infect them.

~Type of Human units~
1) Peasant
This will be the basic units enable for production (most important if using the solution above). They are the ones who will build structures and harvest resources (if any) for the player. Very weak but have TWO options if they run into trouble, either temporary 'Take Up Arms' becoming Militia and defend the town OR hide themselves in a House to avoid the Vampire from biting them (NOTE: According to some lore, vampires cannot enter a persons house unless invited).

2) Guard
This will be the basic soldiers for training. They are capable of defending the town against Vampire minions one-on-one. Requires a Barrack/Training Center to produce them.

3) Cavalry
This will be an advance soldier class under the Guard line. Riding on horseback, these soldiers are not only swift but are better armed for assault. Requires a Stable to produce them by means similar to in-game Acolyte-Shade process.

4) Archer
This will be another basic soldiers for training. They are capable of supporting the Guards against Vampire minions from behind the line. Requires a Barrack/Training Center to produce them.

5) Priest/Cleric
This will be the basic support class for training. Armed with holy power, they can assist their ally or harm the undead from behind the line. Requires a Chapel/Church to produce them.

There are more ideas popping out if you want...

Level 5
But then again zombies and vampire don't mix, make the Vampire hero as much as realistic as possible (add a change to bat morph ability).

Level 4
Wandering Soul you are awesome. Keep the ideas coming if you have more like you said. I could use as many as possible. But I don't know what trigger to make in order to transform the builder into a soldier one by one. I would understand if it were a basic techtree upgrade, but if everyone is a builder to start, wouldn't we have to upgrade single soldiers? Would there be a trigger for each kind of unit?

Aldo I really appreciate your ideas too. The vampire is supposed to be masters of death in my opinion, so I made them have necromantic powers. It's a common idea for a vampire to make the dead stir in their grave and such, so yeah lol. I like the idea of making the wolfs their own faction, and I might do that. For right now I sorta see them as creatures of the night, but that doesn't mean they have to be under the vampires control I guess. I'll tinker around with the idea

Level 4
Vampires do sometimes have control over wolves in some incarnations, maybe make the same wolf unit available to both sides?

Or maybe give both side's hero an ability to mass-mind control wolf units (based on that zombify villager ability).

Interresting idea. Why would the wolf be available to both sides?

Level 4
To represent their power over them. You could justify it as mind control.

Wait, I meant in the event that this is a threed-sided peasants/vampires/werewolves fight, not that the villagers should have wolves. They could, however, have dogs, to sniff out stealth units and fight.

Dogs. I like it.

Level 5
I miss this site.

Okay, I'm recycling cleavinghammer's idea.
I think that villager dog's can fight. but turn to a werewolf at night, the power of werewolf is based on the power of the dog.
Here is a list of Villager's dog and werewolf.

Level 1: Dog (Can't fight, just sniffing invisible unit's), Minor Werewolf (Can fight, but weaker than peasant)

Level 2 : Spirit Fighter Dog (Can't Sniff, but good with attacking spirit), Spirit Werewolf (Can fight, but weaker than normal guards, can use bite to turn human into minor werewolf)

Level 3 : Guard Dog (Can fight and sniff), Werewolf Warrior (Stronger than normal guards, can use bite to turn human into minor Werewolf)

Level 4 : Necromancer Dog (Don't turn to werewolf, can fight and had ability)
Ability :
- Spirit Bark This dog bark so powerful, that every Werewolf in map stunned (Night : 0.25 Second) (Day : 0.5 Second)
- Ritual Target a friendly dog or enemy Werewolf, targeted unit will not turn to Werewolf for 2 days.

Dog's turn into Werewolf at night OR the vampire cast a spell at night (Fullmoon).
The bitten human turn into Werewolf at night, but when the day comes, the bitten unit die. The Ritual ability doesn't work for non-dog unit.

Let's move on to the Forest. At start of the play, the forest is filled with unharmed critters, even at night. This is a job for the werewolf. Werewolf doesn't have worker, and there 2 types of Werewolf. Permanent and Non-Permanent. at start, there's 5 Strong Permanent Werewolf that have to bite almost every animal in the forest, turning them to Non-Permanent Werewolf. Permanent and Non-Permanent Werewolf can use bite. Permanent Werewolf can use "Forever Curse" that turn animals into Permanent Minor Werewolf (Minor Werewolf can't use Forever curse). At every day, more animal spawn from the forest so there never run out of animals.

Human can train animals to by using the unit trainer. Trainer can train hostile animals to help the Human, if trained animal bitten by Werewolf the animal turn into minor werewolf at night, but back to normal at day, there type of animal can't be bitten by Werewolf, even the Permanent one, Scale, Fly, Strong Blood. All the animal that can't be bitten by Werewolf is Strong, Hostile, and can't be trained.

As the result, Human pretty much powerless at Night, so every 7 days a group of Reinforcement come with Stronger Damage and Armor, and you can upgrade the Reinforcement on the Town Hall. (Please Upgrade the Human Unit).

Status
Not open for further replies.