• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[JASS] need help with move engine

Status
Not open for further replies.
i'm working on (real) FPS and having problems with the WASD moving engine.
currently i set the speed in the init and you can change direction in the. my problem is the acceleration on ground and air. i want it so that you can accelerate on ground very fast to a speed that depend on the friction. if you jump you also can accelerate but only very slow (also depend on the air friction).

currently reworking some of the code but if you need it i'll post it here

(it should be like the quake 3 defrag engine so you can use bunnyjumping to incraise your speed)

thanks a lot (if you don't understand what i want say it ^^)

Level 10
hey man i did a really good demo fps, it had some connection problems. basically you shoot with the cursor, anyways i suck at jass now and here is the link: http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/triggers-scripts-269/fps-demo-triggers-not-fully-complete-156063/

umm as for friction you'll need a good physics engine, man i really suggest u use JASS for this, cus an fps in wc, o boy... anyways let me tell you many people weren't even interested in helping me with it and it was a great dissapointment, then i just quit wc mapmaking for a while, so i hope the same doesnt happen to you. Btw WASD has a default key delay just incase you didint know :]

hey man i did a really good demo fps, it had some connection problems. basically you shoot with the cursor, anyways i suck at jass now and here is the link: http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/triggers-scripts-269/fps-demo-triggers-not-fully-complete-156063/

umm as for friction you'll need a good physics engine, man i really suggest u use JASS for this, cus an fps in wc, o boy... anyways let me tell you many people weren't even interested in helping me with it and it was a great dissapointment, then i just quit wc mapmaking for a while, so i hope the same doesnt happen to you. Btw WASD has a default key delay just incase you didint know :]

i have allready about 1000 lines of vJass xD
and thx for the map i'll take a look at it

EDIT: well it's nothing against mine xD
little preview (older version):

Level 10
sweeeeeeeeeet map man

i can feel the efficiency of ur vJass :p

yea i tried to do it ur way with the fps cam but that way you cant see the body, u know like in real fps games. i tried to get a modeler to do me a model for the fps cam, where the body is slightly infront, maybe u wana do that? Demo was incomplete so sry about that

and some tips for some things i did in map:
- when your injured use local dream fade to display dmg

il come up with more, and to be honest maybe i wana work with u in that map, especially with a creative GUI triggerer ;) maybe you wana use my acceleration system? its 100% efficient, and its good for mountainous regions.

ok il stop chatting but just one more thing, when you go on higher terrain and u need to change AoA, Megafyr has an advanced third person cam system which has the formula for that, pretty darn cool im even using it. ofc credits go to him for formula ;P

P.S: you might want to include a vector system to check for pathing when you shoot with a loop rather than the usual bullet movement for realistic effects (also remember destructables)

Status
Not open for further replies.