• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Question about Bribes Damage Engine

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
I am trying to make a spell based on phoenix fire, but I want the phoenix fire itself to deal normal type damage rather than spell damage. My question is can Bribes damage engine enable me to change that, if not thank you... if yes how so?

Level 4
In the current version of Damage Engine, it is possible and trivial to do so.
Look for the following variable and set it to the value below:

• Set DamageEventDamageT = DAMAGE_TYPE_NORMAL
I think the implication of that is that I have to make the spell using the some of the other damage engine variables and what not, but if my current trigger looks like this :
  • Shocking Tempest
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Shocking Tempest (Q)
    • Actions
      • Unit - Create 1 Shocking Tempest for (Owner of (Triggering unit)) at (Position of (Triggering unit)) facing Default building facing degrees
      • Set ShockingTempest = (Last created unit)
      • Ability - Set Ability: (Unit: ShockingTempest's Ability with Ability Code: Shocking Pulse )'s Real Level Field: Initial Damage ('pxf1') of Level: 0 to (1.00 x (Real((Agility of DamageEventSource (Include bonuses)))))
      • Unit - Add a 9.00 second Generic expiration timer to ShockingTempest
      • Unit - Order ShockingTempest to Right-Click (Target unit of ability being cast)
Do I just add that variable into this or would I have to remake it?

I think the implication of that is that I have to make the spell using the some of the other damage engine variables and what not, but if my current trigger looks like this :

• Shocking Tempest
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Shocking Tempest (Q)
    • Actions
      • Unit - Create 1 Shocking Tempest for (Owner of (Triggering unit)) at (Position of (Triggering unit)) facing Default building facing degrees
      • Set ShockingTempest = (Last created unit)
      • Ability - Set Ability: (Unit: ShockingTempest's Ability with Ability Code: Shocking Pulse )'s Real Level Field: Initial Damage ('pxf1') of Level: 0 to (1.00 x (Real((Agility of DamageEventSource (Include bonuses)))))
      • Unit - Add a 9.00 second Generic expiration timer to ShockingTempest
      • Unit - Order ShockingTempest to Right-Click (Target unit of ability being cast)
Do I just add that variable into this or would I have to remake it?

If only for a single instance, no need to change. You'll have to create a trigger (not the same trigger as the above) that will run when damage is dealt. This can be achieved by the following:

• Events
    • Game - DamageModifierEvent becomes equal to 1.00 (up to 3.00)
Within that trigger, inspect if the damage instance is equal to fire, that is
  • If - Conditions
    • DamageEventDamageT equal to DAMAGE_TYPE_FIRE
Then, if the condition above is true, check if the damage source comes from the dummy unit (ShockingTempest) and you're good to go.

Level 4
If only for a single instance, no need to change. You'll have to create a trigger (not the same trigger as the above) that will run when damage is dealt. This can be achieved by the following:

• Events
    • Game - DamageModifierEvent becomes equal to 1.00 (up to 3.00)
Within that trigger, inspect if the damage instance is equal to fire, that is
  • If - Conditions
    • DamageEventDamageT equal to DAMAGE_TYPE_FIRE
Then, if the condition above is true, check if the damage source comes from the dummy unit (ShockingTempest) and you're good to go.
OK, that makes a lot of sense. I have several abilities that i'm switching to scale in that same format as it's super convenient and looks to be least memory intensive, but I needed to somehow change the damage types because in the MOBA i'm making it's quite important. I appreciate the help! This looks good hopefully too much of this does not cause any issues.

Level 4
@MyPad

So I tried this exactly and after some testing it was not working maybe I did something wrong.
  • Set Damage to Pierce
    • Events
      • Game - DamageModifierEvent becomes Equal to 1.00
    • Conditions
      • (Unit-type of DamageEventSource) Equal to Ozruk (Level 1)
      • DamageEventDamageT Equal to DAMAGE_TYPE_SONIC
    • Actions
      • Set DamageEventDamageT = ATTACK_TYPE_PIERCE
This is what I did the dummy in this case has two abilities both which are sonic based. (Hurl Boulder) and (Thunderclap) I wanted to change them to deal pierce type damage and it does not seem to work.

Level 4
You’re setting the damage type equal to an attack type variable. It should either be setting the attack type to what you’ve got above OR change it to a different DAMAGE_TYPE.
I see, I guess I was confused thinking that those two were similar. It all worked now, thank you! I apologize for my foolishness.

Status
Not open for further replies.