• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Need help with custom wards

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
I'm trying to make an hp draining ward based off of healing ward. I tried setting the healing ward aura to a negative value, and it works, but only when I attack an enemy. I set up 3 neutral hostile spiders to test on. I throw the ward down and nothing happens to them, even when they attack me. But as soon as I start attacking one, the ward starts damaging them. Can someone show me how to make a damaging ward based off of healing ward?

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
As the abilieis are meant for healing, they do not do anything to units at full health. Thus you will need to damage them first before it starts damaging them.

A simple way would be to give the ward an attack that deals 1 damage with a large area but slow attack rate, just enough to trigger the degeneration.

Use permanent immolation instead.
I think he wants it to deal a % damage like the healing ward heals or comparable to death and decay.

Level 33
Yeah, just add Invulnerable (Neutral) (or Locust) to the ward and order it to cast the default ability, Death and Decay to the ward's position.
A test map is attached

Of course you can also use trigger:
  • Custom script: set bj_wantDestroyGroup = true
  • Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units within 600.00 of *YourPoint* and do (Actions)
    • Loop - Actions
      • Unit - Cause *YourUnit* to damage (Picked unit), dealing ((Max life of (Picked unit)) x 0.05) damage of attack type Spells and damage type Normal
This trigger will deal those picked enemy units for 5% of their Max HP per second

Attachments

• Death and Decay Ward.w3x
    14.3 KB · Views: 28
Status
Not open for further replies.