• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Need help with attribute damaging spell trigger

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Hello guys,

I was trying to make my "Glaive attack" ability, based on Fan of Knives, to deal damage equal to Hero agility. Following paskovich's tutorial I made this, but it's not working. I suppose it's because Fan of Knives is an aoe spell without target...?

How should the trigger look for making it work?

• Glaives
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Glaive Attack (Triggered)
    • Actions
      • Set TempReal = (Real((Agility of (Triggering unit) (Include bonuses))))
      • Unit - Cause (Triggering unit) to damage (Target unit of ability being cast), dealing TempReal damage of attack type Spells and damage type Normal

Level 12
Hello guys,

I was trying to make my "Glaive attack" ability, based on Fan of Knives, to deal damage equal to Hero agility. Following paskovich's tutorial I made this, but it's not working. I suppose it's because Fan of Knives is an aoe spell without target...?

How should the trigger look for making it work?

• Glaives
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Glaive Attack (Triggered)
    • Actions
      • Set TempReal = (Real((Agility of (Triggering unit) (Include bonuses))))
      • Unit - Cause (Triggering unit) to damage (Target unit of ability being cast), dealing TempReal damage of attack type Spells and damage type Normal

did you mention my method with the ability real level field?

Level 24
The problem is you have to know how work your abilities, if you ability is based in Fan of Knives so there is no target, so doesn't exist "Target unit of ability being cast", if you wanna do this, you need a Damage Detector, and when you have it I can continue tell you what do you have to do.

Level 2
The problem is you have to know how work your abilities, if you ability is based in Fan of Knives so there is no target, so doesn't exist "Target unit of ability being cast", if you wanna do this, you need a Damage Detector, and when you have it I can continue tell you what do you have to do.

Okay, thank you, will check it out :psmile:

Status
Not open for further replies.