• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Need help about spells

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Hi.İm new o hive workshop.First nice to meet you all.Then lets start;
Im working on a map anime characters based and i have need some spell for anime characters ;
First i want to know how to resize a spells model
Second i want a spell if anyone can do that thats will be very important on my work.I want a spell,knockback based but knockback willbe activadet when i use spell on enemy.So spell will be like this;
I click on spell icon then click on target and hero will be atack with spell and knocbacked target 1000 range.This is an example.
If anyone can help me i will be grateful.Thats ok if you only can teach me.Just please help me...

Level 11
Make a trigger that adds the target unit to a group. So do somthing like this:
unit starts effect of ability
ability being cast is <your ability>
add unit to knockback group
set custom value of target to player number(owner of trigger unit)
set angle[custom value of target] = angle from position of caster to position of target

Then make another trigger that knocks the unit back.

Time - every .02 seconds
pick all units in knockbackgroup
set temploc = position of unit
set temploc2 = temploc offset by 10 towards angle[custom value of picked unit] degrees
set Count[custom value of picked unit] = Count[custom value of picked unit] + 1
if count[custom value of picked unit] = 100 then
remove picked unit from knockback group

And thats basically how you do a knockback. Obviosly i did it pretty quickly and i didnt remove leaks or anything, but i think you could figure tht out because thats how you learn :)
btw: Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_Loc) is used to remove locaitons. Go to the things that leak thread if u wanna kno more about leaks and how to remove em.

Status
Not open for further replies.