• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Need Help About something

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
I need advice on how to get rid of ''SELECT USER'' button... Like on the newer versions of dota. See the image if you don't understand me. Help me please

Attachments

• SELECT USER PROBLEM 1.JPG
    SELECT USER PROBLEM 1.JPG
    169.3 KB · Views: 131
Level 21
I've never had any reason to remove this, so I don't know if it works, but have you tried hiding the icon using the spellbook technique?

As an alternative, you could make a neutral passive shop and 1 dummy unit shop for every player which would be selected upon selecting the passive shop

Level 7
That would be too much work Eleandor... I think there is something else behind this problem.. I think its not multiple dummy units... Any other suggestions?

Level 7
How can i hide the icon? What is this spellbook technique is this an ability or somethin?

Level 18
I believe the spellbook technique is a button that changes the unit action screen (that's the part where the icons for Attack, Stop, your abilities, etc are placed). The Hero Abilities button at hero units (the button that takes you to the screen where you can pick a new ability if your hero levels up) is such a spellbook button.

Using the spellbook technique would grant you access to organising abilities and giving you more room to place icons.

Level 7
What? Where is that hide option... Please tell me man... You will get credit in my map... Ability object data do u mean an ability ''HIDE''?? Please answer

Level 7
So if i hide it will it be a free slot so i can add items?

EDIT: OMG it works perfectly... Most credit goes to HappyTauren.. Thanks for showing this to me. I would never though of that heh...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.