• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Need creative (not imba) idea for spell!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
Need creative idea for Assassin's spell!

Well im doing aos map and curently im finishing my 14th hero. But atm im out of ideas for his second active spell! What i can say about the hero: Its Assassin with SatyrTrickster model!
here are the Abilities
Active1 : "Backstab" - Windwalk based spell dealing bonus damage equal to agility when backstabing enemy
Active2: ??? - This spell can be offensive spell but without damage so i prefer to have an defensive one!
Passive1: "MalignantVanish" - chance when attacked to blink to attacking you and attack it dealing damage + poison
Ultimate1 :"Shadowform" - timed critical- and evasionchance

Hope i get lots of ides posted! Dont forget its for an aos map so it cant be imbalanced(imba)!

Last edited:
Level 6
Smoke Bomb

Either of these skills could work times would have to be adjusted for balance.

Smoke Bomb- Throws a Smokebomb(using clouds etc) at his feet interupting all skills and attacks in the area for 3,5,7 secs.(could just stun area if lazy)

or Stun Dart- Shoots projectile that stuns enemy for 1,3,5 secs. (could be for interupting abilities only if too powerful.)

Level 8
This is my suggestion:

Flash Bang - Make enemy unit in the area blind for 1,3,4 second.

Smoke bomb - Make target ground covered by fog, and enemy unit have 15%, 20%, 30% chance to miss.

That's all my suggestion

Level 8
Study target:(or something) Channel. Study target. Based on how long you spent channeling you gain bonus damage on against that target. You might also have a chance to stun or slow target. You could also make that you get reduced damage from that target for a duration. Max channel time increase with levels. When you cast this ability you should not become visible if you are under the effects of "Backstab"

or:

Confusion: Create 4 images of the caster. These images take 500% damage but has the ability to swap positions with the caster. Level can increase image amount and duration whle decreasing damage taken.

Level 4
Choise

Cut:
Assassins cut enemy so he has -2% of max HP per second, fnd slow for 20%. Can be offensive(enemy can't run out of battle) and defensive(enemy can't catch you if you try to run)

Net bomb:
You trow a bomb that deal some damage and put unit in a net

Mine staps(Active, 30 sek):
When hero walk, he lives mine after him. Very useful, when you try to run

Level 5
Study target:(or something) Channel. Study target. Based on how long you spent channeling you gain bonus damage on against that target. You might also have a chance to stun or slow target. You could also make that you get reduced damage from that target for a duration. Max channel time increase with levels. When you cast this ability you should not become visible if you are under the effects of "Backstab"

or:

Confusion: Create 4 images of the caster. These images take 500% damage but has the ability to swap positions with the caster. Level can increase image amount and duration whle decreasing damage taken.

Study target is a bit too imba i think and confusion is good but i have already sth simillar to it for my other hero (ilusionist)

Choise

Cut:
Assassins cut enemy so he has -2% of max HP per second, fnd slow for 20%. Can be offensive(enemy can't run out of battle) and defensive(enemy can't catch you if you try to run)

Net bomb:
You trow a bomb that deal some damage and put unit in a net

Mine staps(Active, 30 sek):
When hero walk, he lives mine after him. Very useful, when you try to run
Hmm all your spell ideas are great but just like i said: i would like to have a spell without damage ^^

Level 4
Remove damage from net bomb and give for example silence as second effect

But on my opinion mine staps is the best. It's offensive abilite and by the way Assassins should deal mach damage(He is assassin, so he kill). But its only my opinion

Level 5
it makes lots of damage ^^ using his skills! eg hero lvl 20 ulti lvl3 is activated 3x crit 100% plus backstab lvl4 200+2xagility and passive damage+40 dps over 2 sec! I think its enough damage

Level 4
But this is offense attack. You have lack of hp, try to run and activate this ability. Enemy try to kill you but startad to blow. I think he'ld say many "good" words about this ability^^

Level 3
Killing Edge:(Half Passive)
Every 5 Unit killed will take bonus damage based on the agility of the Hero
//
Yarr, the idea is quite basic and quite bad but either way its your choice

Level 5
But this is offense attack. You have lack of hp, try to run and activate this ability. Enemy try to kill you but startad to blow. I think he'ld say many "good" words about this ability^^

hmmm it could use it the idea isnt bad its realy great but the mines wouldnt do much damage and there would be only few left behind the hero or i will set the skill as ulti and decrease the ulti to normal ability!

IDEAS PLS

Last edited:
Level 15
Vital Stab - Stabs a target in its vital organs and delivers one of the following effects.
Brain - Silence Heart - Damage over time Arms - AS slow Legs - MS slow

Net Shuriken - Throws a shuriken with a net attached. The shuriken will guide the net towards the target point and net the first unit the net touches.

Contriction - Throws a net with a rope attached. Grabbing a unit and allowing it to be pulled towards you when you use "Pull Rope". (Added when you learn this skill) Pull Rope will only have effect if you have more strength than the target or the strength of the target is higher than yours by x or below.

As for a new name, maybe Back Step/ Reverse Flash/ Wind Escape.

Level 5
vital stab is even better! nice idea but i dont need damage so give me pls other effects for the bodyparts.

Level 17
How about...

Dart Trap

Spawns a trap. (Very small stick)

When an enemy steps on the dart trap, he gets 40,60,80,100 damage and poison.

Poison slows and slowly damages the victim by 5,10,15,20 for 5 secs.

Cool down - 20

mana cost - 100

You can make as many as you want. But, if the dart is stepped on, it is destroyed. The trap is invisible.

Actually, you can do this simply by giving the dart attack and killing it when it attacks. Then the poison is another spell..

So, there's just one trigger involved in this whole spell...

Level 17
hmm nice idea but the 2active spell shouldnt be with damage!

Pit Trap

Creates a hidden pit.

When an enemy steps on the pit, he is stunned for 3 seconds, takes 5 seconds to spawn pit.

The Pit Trap will last until 2,3,4,5 units have already been through victim of this. The Pit also has a stunning range of 80,120,160,200. (So the pit is bigger?)

Cool down - 25

mana cost - 125

You can only make one at a time. The new spawn will destroy the old one.

I find this kinda imba or some sort... But, maybe if you try it, it might be really nice.

Level 25
Shackle Ward/Trap/Rune?

Places an ward,trap or rune(point,slam or passive) which shackles all units that enter *Aoe value* AOE for *x* seconds.No dps only the shackle effect.Lightning effect is also irrelevant(shackles,chain lightning,mana drain,any).
Lasts *y* seconds.

Point blank tactics?

Activate, next *x* units which attacks the assasin will suffer an counter attack instantly reducing their moving speed for *y*% which is recovered in the next *z* seconds.Lasts *s* seconds.

Revenge

Each time a unit is attacked while under the buff,the caster will teleport(and gain temp invulnerability) and strike the attacker,then vanish in the mist from which the caster came.Cannot be cast on self.
Lasts *x* attacks or *y* seconds.

Hope this is what you need.

Level 4
Does anybody notic that he wanted an defensive spell?
How about:
Spring Step: As the assasin moves, he begins to use his momentum to jump, thereby increasing his movement speed.

Basically something that, once cast, will steadily increase his movement speed while he is moving (maybe like increase by X every 100 distance or something) and then different levels can increase how long it lasts.

Level 5
hmm kingz your spell is very nice but also ver imba i think! and revange well the hero has sth similar to it (passive).
and D3zmodos hmm its quiete also imba a bit :D i mean its perfect runaway spell

use some illusion powers is a trickster...u might can do this

Shadow treat: creates an illusion using the shadows so every hit that makes the illusion is converted on a percentage of the damage to life to the trickster also does it wanes in the opposite sense..every level increase the damage converted to life, damge dealt by the illusion and decreases the damage dealt to the illusion.

.IN THE LAST LEVEL CREATES AN EXTRA ILLUSION...recomend to make some unit whit anti-magic shell to protect from dispels..or use silence on this hero would be perfect cause satyrs do not teleport..

so like that you would make a perfect improve in defensive and offensive spells

Level 28
Make a huge shuriken flying down from the heavens, then the caster fires an electric beam wich charges the shuriken.
After having full charged, the shuriked spreads out lightnings which form a symbol of epic proportions ending up in a huge thunderstorm.
Estimated time to get it to work: ~6h

Level 5
use some illusion powers is a trickster...u might can do this

Shadow treat: creates an illusion using the shadows so every hit that makes the illusion is converted on a percentage of the damage to life to the trickster also does it wanes in the opposite sense..every level increase the damage converted to life, damge dealt by the illusion and decreases the damage dealt to the illusion.

.IN THE LAST LEVEL CREATES AN EXTRA ILLUSION...recomend to make some unit whit anti-magic shell to protect from dispels..or use silence on this hero would be perfect cause satyrs do not teleport..

so like that you would make a perfect improve in defensive and offensive spells

Nice nice but i have already a hero with similar spell (ilusionist)

well so i will recommend u a summon spell it is good cause it adds hp and damage to battle..also u can use silence..it's simple... or maybe this one

Mind Confusion:

let the hero channeling and targets one enemy every 5,3,2 etc.. seconds making it taunt so it allies attack that unit...defends your units cause they dont get attacked..and is a very usefull weapon on an aos where the enemy hero cannot control the default army..of course ill recommend u to decrease the chance of this to hit heros

or..

summon Shadow Lions: lions based on feral spirit, they have instead of critical strike, critical bash..bash whit critical..or kind of..u can use the lion models of the hive re skinned whit the shadow wolves kind skin..

Last edited:
Level 25
Trickster's Plight
-Unit cast,enemy,hero or unit

After casted there is a *x*% that each time the caster is attacked by the target it will blink in front of the attacker for *y* range.
This makes it the ultimate runaway spell against desired target.

Blessing of the Mist
-Self cast,instant

After it's casted creates cloud effects on the caster and gives him *x*% transparency for *y* seconds.

Absolute Zero(sounds cool to me)
-Aoe,instant cast

Assasin throws a storm of ice enchanted daggers.Upon strike the units affected get paralyzed for *x* seconds but gain 9999 armor and 100% magic reduction cause of the ice case around them during the effect.

The Trickster
-Target cast,hero or unit,enemy,channel
Cretes an illusion which teleports around the target and strike him during *x* seconds.The illusion may be destroyed,it takes 300% damage and deals 25% damage.During the channel the hero becomes transparent(not invisible!!!)

Hope these aren't too imba.

Level 5
i like the trickster but i dont realy know how can i do this spell can you help me or do it for me pls ?

Level 5
The Trickster
-Target cast,hero or unit,enemy,channel
Cretes an illusion which teleports around the target and strike him during *x* seconds.The illusion may be destroyed,it takes 300% damage and deals 25% damage.During the channel the hero becomes transparent(not invisible!!!)

this one and pls gui if it's possible

and hows the spell going ?

Last edited:
Level 10
Blackout: (Unit targeted)
the target loses temporarily the shared vision and the line of sight, getting also a movespeed reduction and %miss:
Level 1 - 30% slow, 33,3% miss, 1.5 seconds. (125 mana, 12 cooldown)
Level 2 - 36,7% slow, 44,4% miss, 2 seconds. (150 mana, 14 cooldown)
Level 3 - 43,3% slow, 55,5% miss, 2.5 seconds. (175 mana, 16 cooldown)
Level 4 - 50% slow, 66,7% miss, 3 seconds. (200 mana, 18 cooldown)

Status
Not open for further replies.