1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still haven't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Rubbed the right way, the genie is out of its lamp! The 12th Concept Art Contest Results have been announced.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Race against the odds and Reforge, Don't Refund. The 14th Techtree Contest has begun!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Need creative (not imba) idea for spell!

Discussion in 'Idea Factory' started by MateuszD, Sep 22, 2008.

1. MateuszD

MateuszD

Resources:
    Resources:
    Need creative idea for Assassin's spell!

Well im doing aos map and curently im finishing my 14th hero. But atm im out of ideas for his second active spell! What i can say about the hero: Its Assassin with SatyrTrickster model!
    here are the Abilities
    Active1 : "Backstab" - Windwalk based spell dealing bonus damage equal to agility when backstabing enemy
    Active2: ??? - This spell can be offensive spell but without damage so i prefer to have an defensive one!
    Passive1: "MalignantVanish" - chance when attacked to blink to attacking you and attack it dealing damage + poison
    Ultimate1 :"Shadowform" - timed critical- and evasionchance

Hope i get lots of ides posted! Dont forget its for an aos map so it cant be imbalanced(imba)!

Last edited: Oct 13, 2008
  2. howl2000

howl2000

Resources:
    Resources:
    Smoke Bomb

Either of these skills could work times would have to be adjusted for balance.

Smoke Bomb- Throws a Smokebomb(using clouds etc) at his feet interupting all skills and attacks in the area for 3,5,7 secs.(could just stun area if lazy)

or Stun Dart- Shoots projectile that stuns enemy for 1,3,5 secs. (could be for interupting abilities only if too powerful.)

3. Byaku

Byaku

Resources:
    Resources:
    This is my suggestion:

Flash Bang - Make enemy unit in the area blind for 1,3,4 second.

Smoke bomb - Make target ground covered by fog, and enemy unit have 15%, 20%, 30% chance to miss.

That's all my suggestion

4. MateuszD

MateuszD

Resources:
    Resources:
    how would you like to "make units blind"? explain it a bit more pls

5. Kingz

Kingz

Resources:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Darkness Veil - Active,Point
    Upon activation create an image of the caster, after that make the caster teleport to the target point and become invisible for x seconds.

6. MateuszD

MateuszD

Resources:
    Resources:
    hmm nice idea but the invisibile effect is already used in his 1st active. More ideas like that pls

7. Byaku

Byaku

Resources:
    Resources:
    Enemy has a chance to miss on attack and can't cast magic.

8. KYTON

KYTON

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Study target:(or something) Channel. Study target. Based on how long you spent channeling you gain bonus damage on against that target. You might also have a chance to stun or slow target. You could also make that you get reduced damage from that target for a duration. Max channel time increase with levels. When you cast this ability you should not become visible if you are under the effects of "Backstab"

or:

Confusion: Create 4 images of the caster. These images take 500% damage but has the ability to swap positions with the caster. Level can increase image amount and duration whle decreasing damage taken.

9. Teomat

Teomat

Resources:
    Resources:
    Choise

Cut:
    Assassins cut enemy so he has -2% of max HP per second, fnd slow for 20%. Can be offensive(enemy can't run out of battle) and defensive(enemy can't catch you if you try to run)

Net bomb:
    You trow a bomb that deal some damage and put unit in a net

Mine staps(Active, 30 sek):
    When hero walk, he lives mine after him. Very useful, when you try to run

10. Oziris

Oziris

Resources:
    Icons:
    StarCraft II Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    When u use smoke bomb make auto wind walk.

11. MateuszD

MateuszD

Resources:
    Resources:
    Study target is a bit too imba i think and confusion is good but i have already sth simillar to it for my other hero (ilusionist)

Hmm all your spell ideas are great but just like i said: i would like to have a spell without damage ^^

12. Teomat

Teomat

Resources:
    Resources:
    Remove damage from net bomb and give for example silence as second effect

But on my opinion mine staps is the best. It's offensive abilite and by the way Assassins should deal mach damage(He is assassin, so he kill). But its only my opinion

13. MateuszD

MateuszD

Resources:
    Resources:
    it makes lots of damage ^^ using his skills! eg hero lvl 20 ulti lvl3 is activated 3x crit 100% plus backstab lvl4 200+2xagility and passive damage+40 dps over 2 sec! I think its enough damage

14. Teomat

Teomat

Resources:
    Resources:
    But this is offense attack. You have lack of hp, try to run and activate this ability. Enemy try to kill you but startad to blow. I think he'ld say many "good" words about this ability^^

15. Fengik

Fengik

Resources:
    Resources:
    Killing Edge:(Half Passive)
    Every 5 Unit killed will take bonus damage based on the agility of the Hero
    //
    Yarr, the idea is quite basic and quite bad but either way its your choice

16. MateuszD

MateuszD

Resources:
    Resources:
    hmmm it could use it the idea isnt bad its realy great but the mines wouldnt do much damage and there would be only few left behind the hero or i will set the skill as ulti and decrease the ulti to normal ability!

IDEAS PLS

Last edited: Oct 1, 2008
  17. Handycombinder

Handycombinder

Resources:
    Resources:
    Shift:
    The Assasin targets a freindly unit and after 2 seconds they swich places.
    Range increases and cooldown decreases per level.

18. MateuszD

MateuszD

Resources:
    Resources:
    thats cool ^^ I will use it thx |+rep
    btw i need a better name for it

19. Zack1996

Zack1996

Resources:
    Models:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Vital Stab - Stabs a target in its vital organs and delivers one of the following effects.
    Brain - Silence Heart - Damage over time Arms - AS slow Legs - MS slow

Net Shuriken - Throws a shuriken with a net attached. The shuriken will guide the net towards the target point and net the first unit the net touches.

Contriction - Throws a net with a rope attached. Grabbing a unit and allowing it to be pulled towards you when you use "Pull Rope". (Added when you learn this skill) Pull Rope will only have effect if you have more strength than the target or the strength of the target is higher than yours by x or below.

As for a new name, maybe Back Step/ Reverse Flash/ Wind Escape.

20. MateuszD

MateuszD

Resources:
    Resources:
    vital stab is even better! nice idea but i dont need damage so give me pls other effects for the bodyparts.