1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Don’t forget to sign up for the Hive Cup. There’s a 555 EUR prize pool. Sign up now!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The Hive Workshop Cup contest results have been announced! See the maps that'll be featured in the Hive Workshop Cup tournament!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The results are out! Check them out.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The poll for Hive's 12th Concept Art Contest is up! Go cast your vote for your favourite genie!
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The raddest synthwave tracks were chosen - Check out our Music Contest #12 - Results and congratulate the winners!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Need AI like Melee AI, only...

Discussion in 'World Editor Help Zone' started by mr subs, Jan 1, 2012.

1. shadowvzs

shadowvzs

Resources:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    i know how it work

so my warcraft buggy? coz for me work the auto purge also its default ability with Orb of lightning but maybe ur warcraft is different than mine :p :D

since blizard made item purge ability its work well also detectable by trigger when orb of lightning item auto cast a item purge [2] :p

Attached Files:

• 1.jpg
      1.jpg
      File size:
      69.8 KB
      Views:
    • 2.JPG
      2.JPG
      File size:
      76.3 KB
      Views:
  2. kkots

kkots

Resources:
    Resources:
    I don't understand what your problem is.
    Why don't you want to pick every player that's controlled by a computer and then pick all his units and order them to stop, every 8 seconds? That will make them not go anywhere and stay where they are.

I've downloaded your map, opened it and saw that although there is an ai script imported, it doesn't have any build orders, attack waves, hero training, and it is never turned on for any computer players in triggers.

For example, we have a Knight controlled by Player 2 (Blue) and a Footman controlled by Player 1 (Red). Now, red Footman comes to blue Knight and Knight starts chasing Footman to a corner.
    Footman dies. POINTA= "Now Knight goes back to where it was placed in World Editor."

If you use my fix, then POINTA will change to "Now Knight stands where he is after he killed Footman in the corner." And it will work not only for Knight, for any unit.

For example, if you make a trigger in which you order a unit to move to a region, then turn that trigger off by unchecking it in the Trigger Editor, then test the map and see that the order is issued to the unit anyway, then hmm that's impossible. Probably you turn it on somewhere.

EDIT: you could check if a unit is a dummy and not issue stop order to him...
    EDIT2: Do you really need an AI at all? Computer can cast spells without AI.
    And AI - Start melee AI script require a file with extension .ai, not .wai which is used to automatically generate .ai script in editor.

Last edited: Jan 5, 2012
  3. mr subs

mr subs

Resources:
    Resources:
    Edit: I figured it out!!! First post has detailed solution.

How does every 8 seconds account for a spell with a computer controlled dummy that is created and expires in one second. Half of my spells are bugged when used by a computer controlled unit because the dummies are made for the owner. Then, the computer orders them to move and the orders and conditions of the spell get all messed up. So, your workaround really doesn't help me.

Hmm, I read that Run Melee AI Scripts (for computer players) uses the imported AI if you have one. And, I thought I only used that action when the map was working with it. I had the AI casting spells and not bugging spells for one day, but I also noticed around that same day when I opened the map the next day, many of my changes from the previous day were not saved. I wonder if I used AI commands to use that .wai it would work. I was hoping for someone to be able to tell me just use... call setAI_For(All_Computer_Controlled) to only cast spells and not get issued any other orders. Haha... Not exactly, but I mean I thought this would be an easier problem to solve.

Well, something happens first. For example, I aggro a mob, then computer blue comes to help. Next, something happens like: I unaggro the mob before the computer controlled unit comes to my aid, and instead of going back to its initial position, it moves to the region that it is ordered to move to, but the trigger is not even on. This made me think my map is bugged.

I also wonder if something happened to my jassnewgenpack. I thought it was updated, but everytime I open a map it says asks if I really want to open it because the map was saved with a more recent version of WE.

OMG I figured it out. First post has detailed solution.

Last edited: Jan 5, 2012
  4. MajorKaza

MajorKaza

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I thought that you said that this skill will purge with each hit AND cast spell, but its not.

5. shadowvzs

shadowvzs

Resources:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    item ability cast another item ability :p so orb of lightning cast item purge ability on target and default got chance but u can make it purge target with each hit too, u can test urself just give item lightning orb new ability(or item what have this ability) to ur unit and change the percentage, and its work fine :p