• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Need advice please, having mini-map issues

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Hello everyone, I am in charge of overseeing the development of the DotA map for BNet. We have been able to fix and patch a lot of the issues that have arisen since the launch of Reforged. However there is one issue we have encountered that has myself and our map devs stumped....

While we have not changed anything terrain related at all, the mini-map now displays as this. It does not do so until the game is launched. We play almost exclusively on classic graphics, but this was the first time the map has been edited in the new wc3 editor. Is there any easy solution or has this problem happened to anyone else before?

For reference I have attached the original screenshot of the mini-map, and the new one. You will notice all the gray/white/blue textures appearing which should not be there.

Any advice is appreciated, thank you!

Original:

dota original.png

After using editor:

dota after.png

Level 12
Hello there !

The best thing you could do is grab the minimap BLP from the old version, and use it to replace the default reforged one with this :
Lua:
 BlzChangeMinimapTerrainTex("UI\\MiniMap.blp")
You can give it any name or path that you want, but don't give it the name "war3mapMap.blp" in the root of your map or World Editor will replace it every time you save the map.

Status
Not open for further replies.