• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Mini Map Picture

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Hey guys I haven't been on in awhile. I have been making a lot of maps and have learned a lot since I have been gone, but I found something I need help with. My friend wants a mini map picture for his map. He has the picture and the map ready and I could send them to anyone who knows how to place it in a matter of minutes. If anyone here can help me please send me an e-mail at [email protected] or reply to this post. I imported the picture to the map, but I have no idea how to make it the mini map picture. If it is easy to do then just explain in a reply post, but if it is not please ask to see the map and i will send it to you.
Thanks guys!

Level 6
Here see if this helps :

Make sure your image file is a file with dimensions of 128x128 or 256x256 pixels. Import your image file into your map, and change its path in the Import Manager to be war3mapPreview.tga, with no directory.

Level 3
cant figure it out...

guys i tried and i cant get it to work... if i send u the map and the picture u think u could do it for me? if the picture is to big u can crop it to fit however u think will look best. let me know!

Ralle

Owner
Level 77
you are right. The file is a mix of the preview image and the spot of the gold mines and neutral units.
When I changed my ingame minimap I used the World Editor Unlimited
http://hiveworkshop.com/forum/dload.php?action=file&file_id=3
When opening it you get some kind of menu before opening the world editor, press a button like edit map.

EDIT: I was wrong. just make a tga image 256x256 in size and call it war3mapMap.tga then it will replace the current game preview image

Status
Not open for further replies.