• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

[General] Need a little help with choices in the editor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
Hello everyone!!!

I would like to know if it is possible to make a choice possible in the map editor.
I know that doesn't sound clear but I will explain it better. Lets say that I want to create a new race and the worker of that race have the option to build 2 buildings. I would like to make it possible if you choose to build one of the buildings the other is automatically unavailable after that.

IF this is possible could the same be applied to units, heroes and most importantly abilities?

I want this option in order to give a little more diversity in my maps :)

Level 15
Use dialog or do like this
  • l
  • Events
    • Unit - A Unit finished contruction
  • Conditions
  • Actions
    • If All/And conditions are true then do Multiple actions
      • Loop
        • (Unit-type of (Constructed Unit)) Equal to 'Your Building 1'
      • Then
        • Player - Make 'Your building 2' UnAvailable for (Owner of (Constructed Unit))
Complete like this

Level 1
Use dialog or do like this
  • l
  • Events
    • Unit - A Unit finished contruction
  • Conditions
  • Actions
    • If All/And conditions are true then do Multiple actions
      • Loop
        • (Unit-type of (Constructed Unit)) Equal to 'Your Building 1'
      • Then
        • Player - Make 'Your building 2' UnAvailable for (Owner of (Constructed Unit))
Complete like this

Thank you! However I still do not understand where to set those variables Building 1 and building 2 :(

Level 1
There is a slightly better way.

Make the first and second building dependency equivalents of eachother, then at map initalization limit one of them to 1.

Is there a possibility that at the other building is unavailable to build at the moment of the given order?

For example I do not want both buildings to be present in the game only one of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.