• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

how to hide/remove Hero choices from Altar

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
I know how to use the Object editor, but I would like to have different OPTIONS for players to vote on, then depending on the players choice, certain heroes will be removed as choices from each players Altar and/or Tavern

Basically, i already have a vote/dialogue box popup at the start of the game, players can choose "Standard" or "Random Heroes" and if Random Heroes is selected, then all heroes are removed from every Altar/Tavern leaving only the "Random hero" icon (which I have the RH icons already setup and working) but I dont know how to remove units-trained from buildings using triggers?

I cannot just train the heroes automatically because this is for melee games, so the hero must be trained from the altar within the standard time frame, and players must be able to build and/or re-build as many altars as they wish at any point in time, so I understand I probably have to start my trigger with "if player builds altar" but I dont know why there isnt a simple "remove unit from building type" trigger

sorry, im kinda newbie :p

Last edited:
Level 14
There is a command "limit training of unit X to y for player z" you can set the y to 0 to disable training of the unit for the chosen player.
There is multiple solutions once you know that:
1: Enable hero-less altar and disable hero-full altar when needed(and replace all taverns and altars at the moment where the switch happens).
2: Systematically disallow all heroes training you want to disallow.

Level 6
thanks, i just realized another way to do it

"unit finished construction equal to altar" then "replace unit with different altar"

might not be the best solution but it should work hopefully

Status
Not open for further replies.