• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[General] New Hero allows more than 3 created

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
I am a newbie so I am hoping my question is a simple one :)
I have added the maps for download in one of my later posts down below

I have a map called Random Heros, its just a standard melee map (actually I have several for different maps, lost temple, twisted meadows, etc) anyway, Im sure you know what a RH map is. Instead of using the default RH options (where it gives you a RH of your race right at the start) the custom made RH maps have it built into the Altar, so that training takes time and also includes EVERY race + Neutral.

I have modified the objects and tried modifying the triggers, so that I could have the option for BOTH the Random Heros AND also the normal standard heros. Some of my clan members dont like RH and some do, so I thought it would be nice to have a map using both, where players could choose either or.

I hope that makes sense, maybe I should post a screenshot? Well, hopefully this is a simple question because I tried googling it and found very little information on this.

I was able to add the RH icon alongside the normal heros in each altar, so that players can choose EITHER a normal hero OR an altar hero. But now the game doesnt realize how many heros are allowed and lets players have 5 or 6 heros. If I choose a Random Hero first, the normal heros fade away because they know I am supposed to only have 1 hero, but if I make a normal hero first, the RH icons stay visible.

I have tried make a trigger along the lines of (Trained Unit(Hero)) equal true, then disable RH icon. or whatever, I tried multiple different things but no luck on fixing this.

Any help? Thanks a lot :)

Last edited:
Level 19
I am a newbie so I am hoping my question is a simple one :)

I have a map called Random Heros, its just a standard melee map (actually I have several for different maps, lost temple, twisted meadows, etc) anyway, Im sure you know what a RH map is. Instead of using the default RH options (where it gives you a RH of your race right at the start) the custom made RH maps have it built into the Altar, so that training takes time and also includes EVERY race + Neutral.

I have modified the objects and tried modifying the triggers, so that I could have the option for BOTH the Random Heros AND also the normal standard heros. Some of my clan members dont like RH and some do, so I thought it would be nice to have a map using both, where players could choose either or.

I hope that makes sense, maybe I should post a screenshot? Well, hopefully this is a simple question because I tried googling it and found very little information on this.

I was able to add the RH icon alongside the normal heros in each altar, so that players can choose EITHER a normal hero OR an altar hero. But now the game doesnt realize how many heros are allowed and lets players have 5 or 6 heros. If I choose a Random Hero first, the normal heros fade away because they know I am supposed to only have 1 hero, but if I make a normal hero first, the RH icons stay visible.

I have tried make a trigger along the lines of (Trained Unit(Hero)) equal true, then disable RH icon. or whatever, I tried multiple different things but no luck on fixing this.

Any help? Thanks a lot :)
you can disable those particular heroes in trig if you want to

player enable/disable unit .....

Level 6
you can disable those particular heroes in trig if you want to

player enable/disable unit .....
Not sure what you mean or how that helps, I never asked to disable heros, I asked how to prevent them from allowing players to create more than 3

In constants, in the highlighted line, add your heroes there, http://puu.sh/wgS8N/3c0f3cfbdc.png
Limit of 3 should work then.
Yes I already did this, I have been googling this all day and I have tried everything but there isnt much information out there on this, thanks

Last edited:
Level 19
player limit training of heroes to three

It is in trigs as well

Attachments

• upload_2017-6-11_17-26-13.png
    upload_2017-6-11_17-26-13.png
    180 KB · Views: 64
Level 6
I will try to be more clear...

I have posted 7 screen shots above. In the first 3 you can see how my triggers are setup, I did not create those triggers I got them from a map that somebody else made. The map is designed to only allow players to create a Random Hero, it originally was not intended to allow players to pick normal heros, so the only icons players see on their altars are the 3 Random Hero Icons.

I should point out that there are also custom objects with the triggers (which again, I did not create) so not sure if that matters

Some of my clan members dont like RH and some do, so I thought it would be nice if I could allow players to choose RH or a normal hero, one or the other. That way we could have the more skilled players going RH and the less skilled players going normal (but in the same game)

I was able to bring the normal hero selection icons back, alongside the RH icons (as you can see in images 4 5 and 6) but when I select a normal hero, the RH icons do not fade or disable. If I make an RH hero first though, then the normal hero icons know to fade out. So if players make Random heros we can only make 3, but if we make normal heros first then we can also have 3 more heros from the RH icons for a total of 6

I have tried various things (as I have already said) I have tried googling this for the past couple days and even talked to a couple different people before posting here. I added the RH heros to the constants>techtree, I tried adding the Limit plyers to training 3 heros but that only made it so now normal heros stay faded out at tier 2 (like in picture 6 and 7)

I believe it has something to do with the trigger that says "Limit training of FIRST RANDOM HERO to 0" because if I make a standard hero that trigger doesnt recognize to go off for some reason. I tried creating new triggers that said something like ((Triggering unit is(A Hero)) Then disabled Random Hero icon, but it doesnt seem to register

I can make a video if I need to, its not a big deal to make a video if it would help. Just let me know

Last edited:
Level 6
Here I have uploaded the map

RH = the original version (which I did not create)

RH2= my version where I am trying to combine both RH and standard heros

hopefully having the maps here will help anybody to see my problem and understand what I have attempted to do

LATEST UPDATE:
with my current fiddling, I was able to force the RH icons to turn off AFTER a hero is trained, but it is still possible to queue up an extra hero in the middle of training and then sneak in an extra 4th hero, even when it says limit heros to 3

Attachments

• (4)TwistedMeadowsRH.w3x
    214.2 KB · Views: 50
  • (4)TwistedMeadowsRH2 (1).w3x
    215.4 KB · Views: 47
Last edited:
Level 6
I have been messing with this all day :(

it seems that if I make the RH unit a hero then it counts it twice (Ithink) because it only lets me make 1 hero untill Im at tier 3

if I make the RH a unit and do not add it to the constants>techtree then I can make several

I dont think I can fix it :(

Status
Not open for further replies.