• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Hero Altar Selection [Advanced]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
so i'll be having 4 altars for melee heroes. (kings,storms,darkness and elders) which is actually 1 unit/building and can be switchable through trigger.

and to add more, i'll also be adding more altars for campaign heroes.

so im having a problem on if player 1 switches the altar of king to altar of storms
then player 2 might have difficulty on selecting a human hero.

what is the best way to solve this problem?

and another problem..

how can i make a shop available to every player without a unit nearby?

#not available option
- create 1 altar for every player.
- player 1 decides first then player 2 can pick afterwards. (this would really take time. lol)
- change to another hero selection. (i have posted a thread lately about selecting heroes through click, selection and confirmation.. but im having a problem with that since there are too many heroes)

Level 30
Interesting conundrum :p

So we've got 4 buildings, but only one of which is displayed at any one time.

So the problem is that when one user clicks "Next Building", the next building is shown causing the previous building to disappear for all players?

-------------------------

It's been a while since I've worked in the war3 editor, but this may work as a solution. You could have 12 different hero selectors overlapping each-other (one for each player). The hero selector for a given player would be visible, while the other 11 would be hidden from view for the chosen player.

I understand your keen not to have 12 separate hero selectors, however, the interesting thing about this approach is that the player would only see one building. I.e. so on the back-end you have 12, however, from the user's perspective they only see the one making the interface tidy.

Might need a more experienced mapper for info relating to the exact triggering for this approach :p However, I understand it's possible to hide specific unis from view on a per-player basis.

This might not be the optimum though so I'd recommend seeing what other users have to say :)

Hope this helps!

Status
Not open for further replies.