• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[General] Hero Reviving Bugs- changing owner of Altar

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 23
Hi guys. I have recently noticed that in my coop map, the second player's hero will not revive in certain circumstances.

First, the way the maps are structured is that 1 player controls a base, and his altar has an upgrade that allows it to be swapped to the 2nd player's control. The second player only has a hero, so this is all that the 2nd player needs.
Trigger is below:

• Altar change
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Finishes an upgrade
    • Conditions
      • (Unit-type of (Triggering unit)) Equal to Alternate Altar of Conquerors
    • Actions
      • Unit - Change ownership of (Triggering unit) to Player 4 (Purple) and Change color
So when the "upgraded" altar is preplaced, the 2nd hero's spirit will appear inside the upgraded altar the hero dies. However, if there is no replaced upgraded altar, then the hero's spirit will never appear any upgraded altar that is constructed/upgraded. I was wondering if there is some delay in this trigger that makes it impossible for the 2nd hero's spirit to appear in any upgraded altar that is not pre-placed on the map upon initialization.

I tried searching hive for information on this, but all topics associated with "revival problem" are not similar to the issue found here.

Was just wondering if anyone had any ideas.

Thanks in advance.

Level 12
Make a dummy altar.
An altar at the corner of the map that has no model and locust ability, basically, it does not affect gameplay in any way.

That way there is always an altar for the dying hero even if there is no usable one yet.

regards
-Ned

Level 23
Hi ned. The thing is, the bug will still occur even if there is a current upgraded altar on the map. The issue is, if that altar was not replaced it would not work.

So when i test it, I have no building preplaced. Then I make.upgrade to the "upgraded altar". Then I kill the hero, and the spirit wont appear.

Not sure if that makes sense.

Edit1: Unless what you are saying is, this kind of a trigger will automatically render any "upgraded altar" useless since for a split second after upgrading, it is another person's building.
I will try your suggestion

Edit2: So your suggestion means that the hero will always be reviveable at that dummy altar. The issue is then- what can I do with this. Yes, it will always store the spirit, but since its locust I will never be able to revive it. I can confirm though that any non preplaced upgraded altar will never revive the hero.

One possibly is to just make 1 preplaced upgraded altar in every map and make it invulnerable. Was just curious is there are any other solutions. If not, I can manage having 1 invulnerable upgraded preplaced altar in every map.

Last edited:
Level 12
@IcemanBo Tbh, that is pretty easily replicate-able problem...

Give red hero > give blue altar > kill red hero > give blue's altar to red > check if red hero is revive-able at altar
Make dummy altar for red > Repeat previous

If hero is revivable on both or either tests, then tulee has messed up his map.
If hero is not revive-able on both tests, then start thinking for solution...

-Ned

Level 23
But there should be no need to have a dummy altar. If I keep the preplaced altar, then it will always store there. I can keep it alive and try to construct/upgrade another altar but it will never store. So the preplaced altar, if allowed to stay alive, should serve any purpose a dummy altar would server.

Level 12
But there should be no need to have a dummy altar. If I keep the preplaced altar, then it will always store there. I can keep it alive and try to construct/upgrade another altar but it will never store. So the preplaced altar, if allowed to stay alive, should serve any purpose a dummy altar would server.
I guess, you could have one hidden altar for P1 on the place of P2's altar.
When the upgrade is finished, you hide/remove P2s altar and Unhide P1s altar.

I am not sure if "Hidden" status units interact with the game at all... ???????

-Ned

Level 23
If it is more complicated that I originally though it was, I am happy to just make the alternate preplaced altar invulnerable from the start, and make it not possible to build another. I just tested it, and it didn't affect the enemy AI at all having one player have an invulnerable building.

Status
Not open for further replies.