• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

What happens if a hero Altar changes ownership while unit reviving?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
What happens if a hero Altar changes ownership while unit reviving? Does that hero then become owned by the player the altar was changed to? Or does the revival process cancel?

I have a problem in my map where the trigger removes an old hero and replaces it with a new one at old heros location. However if the old his is being revived while this happens the whole thing is messed up.

I was thinking maybe if I quickly change ownership of all altars then change them back it will cancel any hero revivals?

EDIT: Added some colour to make thread wild.

Level 13
As for your question, I don't know you'll have to test, I suspect a unit "produced" from a building will be owned by the owner of the building.

However, why are you using Hero Alters ? Do you need people to be able to see the "progress" in bringing back the hero?

You should just Instantly Revive the Hero, and use timers to delay.

Status
Not open for further replies.