• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[General] Neutral Altar -- Build Heroes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
Hey y'all, I was looking to see if anyone knew how to create a neutral building that revives heroes like an altar does rather than instantly like a tavern. I've tried what abilities I could find, and tried searching other threads to no avail.

Ideally I want to keep it simple, of course. If I can't figure anything out, maybe I'll just have to make a trigger somehow do that, or make a third party ally to all players that acts as an altar (not sure if that would even work).

Thanks.

Level 14
Well, you can but that would be tricky. Here a simple idea:
- Create a custom Dummy Altar building, allows you to train heroes. Choose model which you can not be targeted by using mouse.
- In Gameplay Constant, add it in Altar of Heroes categories.
- Place that tiny Altar to same spot of original Tavern, each one for a player.
- Create a custom trigger, check whenever a hero click on a Tavern, switch control to that Dummy Altar.

Please don't laugh on me, dude. Hope someone else has better answer for you :).

Last edited:
Hey y'all, I was looking to see if anyone knew how to create a neutral building that revives heroes like an altar does rather than instantly like a tavern. I've tried what abilities I could find, and tried searching other threads to no avail.

Ideally I want to keep it simple, of course. If I can't figure anything out, maybe I'll just have to make a trigger somehow do that, or make a third party ally to all players that acts as an altar (not sure if that would even work).

Thanks.
Would be something like this, I am sure there can be further modifications so the hero icons don't jump around however one has to make that list of order themselves instead of letting the game do it.

Attachments

• dat neutral reviver.w3x
    26.7 KB · Views: 29
Level 7
So, what I ended up doing is actually pretty similar to Unregret's answer (I thank you for, by the way). I had when the user clickes the tavern building (a Resurrection Stone, in my case), a trigger creates a miniature building (a rune in my case) and changes the user's selection to the building. It despawns after a certain amount of time, so the user shouldn't wait to use it to begin summoning, but serves my purposes pretty well! It also despawns as soon as the hero is finished summoning.

Status
Not open for further replies.