• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[General] Using an Altar to Revive More than 4 Heroes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Has anyone figured out how to allow an altar to "sell" the revival of more than 4 heroes?

In my map I have 13 neutral heroes that join the allied team and when they die, I'm creating a hidden revivable dummy copy of that hero for each player, which shows up nicely in the neutral tavern. But the maximum seems to be 4!

ISO suggestions/workarounds. Thanks! :ogre_haosis:

Level 20
You can just add any Unit Training Type and call it "Hero Revive" or whatever you want. When the unit is finished training, remove the unit, and revive the hero there. That way you can add up to 12 revive heroes in the same tavern. Is even easier if you want the revival to be instant and have cooldown.

Level 3
Thanks for brainstorming this with me. Not a terrible idea but the revival cost needs to be dependent on the level of the hero to be revived, and ideally listed on the unit in the altar (like a normal revivable hero).

Maybe I should just have 3 fixed prices per hero with 3 level ranges associated with them, and then create 3 dummy units for each hero. I could probably live with that.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
If someone (a whole team infact) lets more than 4 heroes die at any given time they will eithor lose soon (last stand) or they are really bad at playing (do not realise heroes are not for just A + move).

I would stick to the 4 revivable slot model. Once you revive one of the 4, another revivable hero should hopefully take its place.

Status
Not open for further replies.