• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Development] Need a concept artist.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
Hi every one...

Few months ago I had started working on a 3rd person shooter RPG using Unreal Engine. Currently I have a small but good team and the progress is going in a good pace. We are in need of a good concept artist.

The game's genre is Sci-Fi. We are currently looking for a concept artist who could do good alien drawings either in paper or using any 3d application.

Addition to the concept artist, any 3d or 2d artists who are interested to join could pm me.

Level 7
Then that becomes harder... most people wants proof that you have already done something in the game before trying to join... and one of the easiest way is to show screenies

Official things need more work and are not complete yet so we don't want to leak incomplete stuff.

So we are planning to release a small game-play of a small map which wont be in game.

Level 6
Concept artists are literally hard to get, even if you have a prove that you work on something! Even when you plan to make their job on 2D animation unnecessary (more easy work for em), they are incredibly hard to get. Trust me, if you dont plan to make money out of it, then you are 99% ensured to fail of finding one.

Im not sure hows things gonna work about your project tho since its 3D, and I never rushed that far away. I keep hearing that 3D modeling and texturing was easier then 2D, for the artists ...

Level 15
It's not impossible to get people working for you for free (or, rather, a share of the future profit or the promise of being paid IF the crowd-founding or whatever is successful) BUT you need screenshots, ideas, GDD, and a form of explanation of what and how you want to do it.

If you have a concrete plan, game design, some program code/demo to show, and real team members to show around, then you may (or may not) find team members here and there. But not like this. Ever.

Status
Not open for further replies.