• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Necrotic Plague

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 11
I tried myself but couldn't figure it out, so here is the spell I need help with:

Infests a targeted enemy with a plague which deals 50 damage per sec for 5 seconds. If the target dies while affected or the plague reaches its full duration, it spreads to one random ally of the plagued unit which is within 500 of the plagued unit. If there are no allies within this range, the plague does not spread.

In addition, each time the plague spreads it increases in power.
It deals 50x(number of spreads). So first target which is targeted by the spell takes 50 damage per sec. Second target it spreads to takes 50x2=100 damage per sec. Third target it spreads to takes 50x3=150 damage and so on.

It can spread infinite times, as long as there are valid units nearby.

Spell model for the spreading is the Destroyer/Nether Drake attack (the black thingy). I could probably add in that myself, but just make the triggers makes it a spell cast when it spreads :)

If there is anything else you need to know, just ask. This is the last spell I need for the Death Knight Hero in my map, would be awesome to have him done. I'll give rep for this spell. Thanks in advance :)

Level 7
I will help you again peace hagen, i have always wanted to do a plague spell. so do you want it to spread to an ally of the target? or would you prefer if it spread to an enemy of the caster. another question do you want people to be able to "heal" the unit? (Cleanse the plague with dispel, purge etc..)

Level 11
Thanks, you are awesome man :)

Make it spread to an enemy of the caster so it can spread between neutral hostile and enemy players :)

Hmm.. I will actually leave the cleansing up to you :) I havn't really thought about it but either way I could make it work well with the map.

I'll add you to credits once its done and give you +rep :) thanks again

Level 11
no worries m8, I'll try it out later today :D thanks for the help

EDIT: I've tested it now and it didnt work as intended :/ it was great spell but wasn't how I wanted it. I'll list the things for you, would be awesome if you could fix them :)

1. It should only have 1 rank, I could probably fix that but I'm not sure if there is anything in the triggers that needs fixed if it is changed to that.

2. It should only spread to 1 random nearby enemy, not all within range.

3. Damage should increase by 50/sec for every spread. You have some static damage which remains the same. If you could make an Integer or something which increases by 1 for each spread in value. Then take 50x(Integer Value) as damage per sec, I think that would work better. So first cast deals 50/sec, if it spreads it deals 100/sec, if it spreads again it deals 150/sec and so on. And if it doesnt spread, return the value of the Integer to 0.

Thanks for any help on this :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.