• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Nature.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 36
My latest work, a natural terrain done in the high res map.

Hope you like it :)

Attachments

• Nature.png
    Nature.png
    2.7 MB · Views: 375
Last edited:
Level 4
The base of that waterfall is odd; one would expect white mist, not black mist :p

In fact, you seem to have white mist everywhere but the waterfall.

Level 19
can you fix the rocks in the back so they blend in together more?
they look like bloobs of rocks joined together :p

Level 5
the black fog seems to be more disturbing than something else... looks very unnatural
The spruce you took at the foreground doesnt look well either; there are better variations born²modificate made... you should also work a bit at the tiles and i would raise the trees at the background.
otherwise well made.

Level 4
Right now I'm envisioning a cave right behind the waterfall and turning that tallish boulder on the left into a little natural ramp leading up to it.

Level 36
Can't say I agree with most of what you say Dia3olus. And I like the rocks as they are now. The fog at the end of the waterfall MIGHT be something to change, but I don't really feel like opening the thing and change it just for that.

Level 19
Lovely terrain Keiji! I really like the way the background fades. Also really cool how you put a tree inside the stones to make it look like shrub on top of it. And the shadows under the waterfall is a nice detail. ;D

Here what I think you could change, the two pine trees closest to the camera don't look that well together. I think you should remove the smallest and maybe add a tree with leaves or something instead. Also the grass is waaay too dark. That's mostly the models fault as it is that dark by default. I think there are some better grass models inside the UTM, which will look brighter and should therefore be more tintable, and probably fit in more with the colors of the rest of the terrain, than the one you currently use. Also, shouldn't there be some water splashing up from the waterfall as it hits the stones? I don't know of any models, but maybe you can find some. (Tiny glow models maybe?)

If you change the things I pointed out I will nominate it for the top ten list, cause this terrain is great. :)

Level 2
m_20091101-bjgo-179kb.jpg

Hope you can see what is written. the quality turned out like.. meh :)

Other than that it looks sweet. I like the dense feeling of the terrain and how it all fades smoothly into the background.

Level 10
i'm gonna firstly say really nicly done obviusly few random bits here and there that can be made better . . . . but i just cant help but feel its good for what it is but how many people have just done the high res forest with little features . . . its just not special anymroe like the first few i want to see somthing diffrent somthing that hasnt been done before

Level 36
My dear... You know, the sun is quite behind the cliffs, and the cliffs are bending forewords towards the camera, making a sort of natural cave sort of thing, do you really think that in a cave like this one that the shadow would be only visible on the ground? Ever stood on the outside looking into a cave? And the reason it is not all shadowed, is that firstly it would look damn ugly, and secondly because there are small cracks in the ceiling of the cave, letting the light seath through it.

Status
Not open for further replies.