• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Nature

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello, guys!
Another nature terraining of my gallery. I hope you like!:p

Attachments

• PYTerrain08a.png
    PYTerrain08a.png
    2.9 MB · Views: 184
I'll make it short as possible :]

Not bad, not bad Yaser. However, the composition seems to be framed to the brim.

What I mean by that is that the vegetation is way denser than it is acceptable in a framed scene. It is nice, tranquil and lively but it is too crowded. Which makes it seem forced when first looked at.

I'd either trim the forest (no pun intended :b) and variate with vines, webs and some insects around or zoom in further.
The rocks, on the other hand contrast too much with the hq textures and would benefit if either being squeezed and playing with the felsen models or Talavaj's Cove rock models. Also, some fern and bush models with hq textures could be added around the trees once the forest has been trimmed a tad.

The statues could be integrated into some form of shrine or altar. Details are definitely needed in that corned to add further variation to the composition.

Now, for the water, what you seem to lack is depth, details, believable reflections and some various color tones.
First, try playing with some water plane models at varying scales and position plus tinting and then try to add some minute waves at different points. Afterwards, play around with either the cloud models or the nebula one to achieve some color variation on the surface.

Variation, details, depth, color and life. That's what your lake needs.

As for the sky, It is too bright, intense and lacks some well needed glow models at lower tints. The 'star' models used for the sun are too intense and reek of a fake light source. Try playing around with those more at lesser tinting values and compliment the sky with nebula and glow models.

Search for some sky references if you feel like you're lost your hold in that department.

All in all, a fresh and well needed terrain piece that we can admire. Bloody well done Yaser :]

What I mean by that is that the vegetation is way denser than it is acceptable in a framed scene. It is nice, tranquil and lively but it is too crowded. Which makes it seem forced when first looked at.

I'd either trim the forest (no pun intended :b) and variate with vines, webs and some insects around or zoom in further.
The rocks, on the other hand contrast too much with the hq textures and would benefit if either being squeezed and playing with the felsen models or Talavaj's Cove rock models. Also, some fern and bush models with hq textures could be added around the trees once the forest has been trimmed a tad.

The statues could be integrated into some form of shrine or altar. Details are definitely needed in that corned to add further variation to the composition.

Now, for the water, what you seem to lack is depth, details, believable reflections and some various color tones.
First, try playing with some water plane models at varying scales and position plus tinting and then try to add some minute waves at different points. Afterwards, play around with either the cloud models or the nebula one to achieve some color variation on the surface.

Variation, details, depth, color and life. That's what your lake needs.

As for the sky, It is too bright, intense and lacks some well needed glow models at lower tints. The 'star' models used for the sun are too intense and reek of a fake light source. Try playing around with those more at lesser tinting values and compliment the sky with nebula and glow models.

Search for some sky references if you feel like you're lost your hold in that department.
Thanks for the review, mate! I will pay attention to these hints.
All in all, a fresh and well needed terrain piece that we can admire. Bloody well done Yaser :]
Thanks!

fladdermasken

Off-Topic Moderator
Level 39
The reflections are off. You're only doing the stuff that's immediately close to the surface. But with foilage that thick, the water around it would pretty much reflect all of it and be completely smudged green.

The sky wouldn't even be visible in the water.

I'd also say the plants are too varied. Or well maybe not too varied, but too clustered. It's impossible to tell anything apart, and it turns into a thick green splash of paint.

Level 14
Hey there, I think this is really good. Especially when considering the progression you did so far! I would suggest to maybe hide these ugly edges at the bottom of some of the rocks in front of the picture.

Status
Not open for further replies.