• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Assperimental Terrain

Status
Not open for further replies.
Asspiremental meaning Experimental. This is High Res (duh).
The things I was experimenting with were...
-noise tool (yes, terrible I know)
-shrubs and leaves tile
-distant castles (usually fogged things look weird in high res
-wc3 water and high res doodads

I think the W3 water and the high res doodads mixed looked a bit ... bad. I'm probably going to import the water model later on.

-imported that water and used it
-added more plant life (ZOMG LOTS)
-modded some height
-moar shiz

Attachments

• Experimentalz Terrainz.jpg
    Experimentalz Terrainz.jpg
    67.8 KB · Views: 175
  • Assperimental #2.jpg
    Assperimental #2.jpg
    71.9 KB · Views: 114
Last edited:
Level 24
Yea looks good, although the water defiantly does not fit in, so you defiantly should import a better one that suits the high res doodads more.

Maybe try adding some animals and things around the forest, and add some things in the middle, which I thinks look a bit boring at the moment.

Level 3
Pretty good. I'm not much of a fan of high res stuff, but that's just me. I'll agree that you need to nix the water, it looks like crap next to the high res, but other than that, pretty good. Just a question, are those models all in a pack or did you download them all separately?

Level 36
Gaaah it looks so unnatural! Why do you surround your trees with rocks? Also, the shrubs have no size variation and neither do the rocks. I think you need to put some plant life in there too, doesn't the hi-res pack have loads of plant models like flowers and ferns etc.?

It hardly has any plants, shrubs, herbs and two flowers ... that's about it. By the way, the tree's surrounded by rocks because someone planted it and then surrounded that by rocks ... make up something. And how are the shrubs supposed to have size differences when they're about flat ... who really looks into that sort of detail? It's more supposed to be 'the mass'.
EDIT: NM I LIEK FOUNDED PLANTSES I FINKS!!!!!11

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.