• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

City terraining help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
I need help in making an epic city. It is going to use born2modificate's high res pack and the city needs to be reasonable sized. So when you terrain, do you first do the:
height variation
tile variation
or doodads

Also should I divide the city into sections? Like market disctrict, housing, etc.
Thanks!:thumbs_up:

Level 11
It would help if you provided more information about why you need this city. Are you working on some map or project? People would help you if they knew they're hard work won't be wasted on some dead map. I personally prefer to start with the height variation, add some tiles, work on the doodads and finalize everything by finishing the tiles, polishing the height and adding some last bit doodads. Dividing the city into sections would make things more clean and tidy and in my opinion would bring a better look.

Level 3
Alright I'm trying to make this big city for a new sorta defense map. I want it to be walled but have some parts broken in which enemies would come in. There will be 8 people that need to defend it. I would like it to have water and like an outpost, but don't know how to do the properly.

Status
Not open for further replies.