• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Nanotechnology (very off-topic!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

_PV

_PV

Level 7
This may seem extremely off-topic and so forth - but hey, I don't see the limitations to how off-topic a thread should be; so why not? ;P

Okay - So I am seemingly taxed with the burden of composing a research project about said topic - thus, nanotechnology.

My Research task requires that I gain seemingly useful information relevant to
nanotechnology from people who at the least bare an elementary comprehension of the term "Nanotechnology". Would anybody mind to elaborate on the subject or at least start up something that could take up the form of an argumentative debate? Would be greatly appreciated ^_^ and please - relevant posts! This thread might be viewed by the purveyor of this task >_>

Thanks in advance :ogre_haosis:

_PV

_PV

Level 7
Oh yeah I mean I'm not looking for a professional or anything - just like if you've heard about it and what you think about it basically. I could've also wikipedia'd it :p but my tast requires I gain opinions and meanings from people. It's really actually due tomorrow so not enough time to hand out little pamphlets "Hello - do you know your nanotechnology" ^_^"

I don't understand why you'd ask a serious scientific question on a site such as this one...
Really, is this all you could come up with when thinking about how to properly do some reserach on the respective topic?

Also, how would an "argumentative debate" be of any use, considering it's gathering of information you want to do, and not have a discussion. Sure, discussions may spit out some additional information, but that's very random, to say the least.

Two further notices:
  1. People of my generation actually do some research themselves, and don't ask others to practically do their work for them.
  2. Additionally, you'd have to be more specific about the actual topic. Nanotechnology? Very vague. (Fields of) Application? Theory?
    Then again, refer to point 1.

Oh wow, way to be specific about what you actually want from people.

Nanotechnology. Saw several posters at Uni and at my dad's work (depicting tiny tiny pieces of machines and stuff), but couldn't be arsed to actually read any of it. Too specific information, too boring to me (because engeneering... yuck).
Futurama - A Clockwork Origin. Nanobots. Would be neat.

~ That's about it.

_PV

_PV

Level 7
In reply to the blatantly lined through piece - I have my entire bundle already composed - All I need is proof that I got my information from more than 1 type of source. Couldn't only Get all my research off internet-based sources - So I though of the brilliant loophole of inquiring people - but only over the internet :p no limitations were supplied in our task about how we can ask people. Just to add a little clarity to why you "can't understand why I would take such a serious scientific subject to a site like this".
And well yeah - you know, sarcasm is the lowest form of wit IMO. Just saying ^_^
But of course I think nanotechnology would be neat:thumbs_up:

_PV

_PV

Level 7
Yeah I was contemplating the fact that the nanobots could even be used as weapons and such - and how a government could spy on it's people with these microscopic little cameras D: Scary actually. Maybe even a little demotivating but I mean - in the name of science; right? :D
And yeah - I guess it's worth seeing forward to - little nanobots healing you 'n shit... You just sitting there with this amazing regeneration. Could even make one a little brave? cause you know you're sorted if you sustain some sort of painful gash or something.

Level 14
Not to even mention hackers & stuff. What happens when someone finds a way to take them over? And yes, what an effective weapon they'd be. Just pour them down from planes, people will breath them, then destroy everyone from the inside. Well one way to avoid that would be to make them magically work like cells, they'd recognize their "host", and not take external commands at all, just autonomously do stuff to benefit their host.

_PV

_PV

Level 7
Stuff like this leaves me utterly baffled... How people can take things this amazing which they have created to in fact rid our world of problems and turn it into such destructive objects? I'm pretty sure these scientists working on the development of nanotechnology are probably contemplating the risks and trying to eliminate all possibilities of the above mentioned threats to happen(obviously.) but people will always find a way to wreak havoc - I guess :/ we can expect the introduction of this tremendous breakthrough to be setback quite a few years merely due to the fact that they are treating the risks...

Level 9
My book has a lesson about it. Its about the good and baD of nanotechnology. It will help us to 'fix' our entire body system, even able to help us deal with AIDS or cancer.
Bad: lost control of it, BOOM! It will destroyed our entire body system from the inside, and you could guess the rest.

Level 25
My book has a lesson about it. Its about the good and baD of nanotechnology. It will help us to 'fix' our entire body system, even able to help us deal with AIDS or cancer.
Bad: lost control of it, BOOM! It will destroyed our entire body system from the inside, and you could guess the rest.

Your book needs to tell you about the principles of entropy

And that's called the Grey Goo apocolypse

Status
Not open for further replies.