• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Nano-Survival (Release 1.0)

Reactions: Swe
WARNING! THIS SURVIVAL IS NOT FOR PEOPLE WITH BRAIN DAMAGE OR WITHOUT ANY LOGIC IN MIND WARNING!

Changes:

Version 1.0:
Added Shadow Reaper mobs for heroes above level 85
Very slight balance changes, old saves are compatible.
Changed generated save file name.
Release version, just to give some respect to my map. Eh :(

Version 0.99B:
Fixed some mistakes in skill tooltips and game messages.
Quests now give more experience.
Balance changes for last mobs.

LOOKING FOR DEVELOPERS who can add new things to map and finally help me to release version 1.0 after so long time. CJass, VJass (Not the latest version, since broken compability with Cjass) , Jass.

LOOKING FOR TESTERS!!!

Can also take suggestions for items, but if you suggest something give me link for item's icon. More likely i won't be able do any "Hardcoded" Vjass items because of my limited time, so you can suggest items which can be done with regular warcraft 3 object editor.

About Map:
Features of game: the Map represents genre Survival/ORPG. The Main task in a map - to survive from invasion of the demons. Besides it, it is possible to kill every boss and that will be your main goal. Each boss has the small history about occurrence in this world.
The map is made in winter style which is not standard for games about the survival.

You can get achievements in game and save them by command "-save", and load later with command "-load youcode" (Usually for ORPG). Also you can save level and amount of kills.

the Map is in constant making though I am limited in time, but I do it on mood.

The map is closed for editing if you wish to help with map creation leave comments below.

I would be happy to hear any offers and ideas for a map!

Arctic!

Warning! MAP WORKS ONLY FOR 1.24 PATCH+

Write feedback in comments below! I need your comments! Or try to find me in garena as Ranger21

Screenshots:

http://img40.imageshack.us/slideshow/webplayer.php?id=nano1b.jpg

Professional level 100 Engineer SOLO gameplay(without few new mobs):

Solo gameplay video from me, micro and stuff: :)

Youtube video of Hero Selection System(OLD):

Failing at end game boss fight (OLD video, now you need to get to level 100 and kill 9 bosses before getting to this boss, but he will come for you for sure!)

Terrain by BK.Jugg (great thx ^^)
Import List:
BTNPowerOfGhost By mortal
BTNHolyPower By KelThuzad
BTNAutoRepairBots by Infinitynexus
Chilling Streams by Justify
-
BTNCRIcecrown
BTNObsedianBoltCR
-by CRAZYRUSSIAN
BTNWaterOrb by X.e.r.e.X
AceHart - save/load system
-Fulmination spell, credits to HINDYhat!
TechnoMarineVisor By b17rider ( Edited by Ranger21 in Nano-Suit)
~Dark Dragon - Water Explosion
-palaslayer- - Charge
Pack of icons By Huinipachutli.

Personal thank :
Vexorian, for JGNP and TimerUtils

~Rising_Dusk for Knockback System

Autoturret_v2
Author: volk8842
Helped: Wolverine

Bone_item by _ViRus_

//* Unit Recycler
//* By moyack. 2009

xxdingo93xx' Spike Impact Spell

Black and Undead Raptors
By Cavman

FireElemental By Mc

Flying Fiend
By Dionesiist

Tesla Reactor by skrab
Factory by The Mechanical Man

Scientist by Klarnetist

Select Hero System by ChesterUA

Iron Marine By Epsilon

Reborn
By infrenus

Keywords:
Nano, Survival, Nano-Survival, Best, Zombies, Marines, Feature, ORPG, Future, Bob Trader, Undead Alien, Scorpion King, Best survival
Contents

Nano-Survival (Release 1.0) (Map)

Reviews
15:00, 3rd Feb 2009 MasterHaosis: Well overall map is fun. However man my English isn't good so much, but your here is few times worse than my. Plus make better items for map. Plus I am not so impressed with bosses. Nice terrain anyway. 3/5 [APPROVED]
Level 7
I removed that, now you save only you class character... where it says?? I will remove this

Don't have much time for making map...

But there will be BIG update... i hope all will like new style of map

Last edited:
Level 7
You funny...
On normal forums posts auto-merge... that not my problem... problem of forum engine.

Game not for singleplayer, you can test it in singleplayer, but there is no way to normal play...

If you can't understand how to pick difficulty then you IQ nearly 50-60... Sorry , but that's true ! :)

Anyway thank you for comment

No reason for 2.2/5 :)

OK, i perhapsely shouldn't have rated, but the poor quality of the text, specially made me. and my IQ is low? not likely, it could as well have been a hero picking, that's what i thought, didn't know yet that much about the game. and auto-merge? this is THW, we don't have any of that fancy stuff, i just warned you, 'cause you might get a penalty.

Level 7
Well thank you anyway... i deleted multi posts and can you give me some suggestions about map? I will change difficulty choose(Dialogs for host), but why 2.2/5 ? You did not stated why...

Well my parent language is not English, i always accept some help with this...

Thank you

Any Fresh Idea's for gameplay?

Last edited:
Level 2
Hey, there are two bugs.

One is if you have saved, and a new game has started, you can choose a newbie hero, and than make the hero drop his ankh, than load to grab the ankh.

Another one is you can have TWO heroes.
When red chooses the difficulty, right after he's about to choose you load up.
You've now loaded your hero, and you have the option menu for a newbie hero.
Not sure if you can save both heroes though.

Level 7
I don't have time to work on map.(Very sad)

But done some things:
No more warcraft3 warp-story, marines in the future! But it's still winter landscape. ( Deleted all wc3 units... only real life + futuristic creatures)

Reworked balance(Again,but it is always nearly same), heroes have more custom abilites (vJass).

I will add some tips in map (which can disable host).

Game will be more creative and awesome... i need find some epic-style xD

Level 5
woll, i havent played this game (gona do that in minuts) but i saw that a staff of silence is droped from a fire lord >> wierd >> make him to drop staff of fire
gona coment more when i PLAY IT

Level 4
I tried this map alone. It seems to be difficult. I only survived few minutes. Yes I know this must be played with other users, but it was just a quick test.
· Unit choosing is good.
· Difficult for first time players.
· Items and shops are also quite confusing for beginners.
· I'll still rate it 5! You have used a lot time with this. I like survivor games...

BTW description is really good!

Last edited:
Level 7
I tried this map alone. It seems to be difficult. I only survived few minutes. Yes I know this must be played with other users, but it was just a quick test.
You can play alone by medic, he haы highest hp regen (passive). For solo-play in multiplayer game you will need some achiviements for help. :) If be realist, it's easiest survival map ever. Very easy. Just need to know what can do each enemy and how to counter them.

But in Chapter2 you can't play without team :) (Some people can pass solo last boss of Chapter1, include me, but it's impossible for normal people in solo-game)

Last edited:
Level 7
Перевод на английский! Я боюсь, что внезапный босс будет слишком уж. :) У Анубарака внезапная атака против толпы, когда он прыгает между игроками

Level 8
Sorry to ask, but can you give some more technical information about the map?
Due to your map protection, the general information (such as "height" and "width of your map) are missing. I'm not sure, how other moderators could react because this information is missing.

All in all, your map is fine and looks quite promiding. Try to keep up the work, since this is far from being finished ;D

Level 5
Хм... пожалуйста прочти историю на моем сайте (ниже) вдруг понравиться. (Проавда про мою карту но всеже)
Hm... please read story on my site (down) maybe cool.

Земля 2078 год. После неудачных експериментов с нано-технологиями одна из систем дала сбой. Десятки ученых были убиты сразу. Сотни военых умерли от неизвестного источника...
Спустя 2 месяца команда спец отдела (твой) были высланны на зачистку территории. К тому времени вся Земля была поглощена радиацией и мутантами. Спустя пару дней команда поняла - смерть неминуема. Но собрав последние силы они ждут последней атаки... Атаки которая решит судьбу мира...

Знаю бред ну а вдруг хоть что-то пригодиться.

Earth in 2078. After unsuccessful experiments with nano-technology is one of the systems failed. Dozens of scientists have been killed at once. Hundreds of military have died from an unknown source ...
2 months later a team of special (your) were sent to sweep the territory. By the time the whole earth was absorbed radiation, and mutants. After a couple of days, the team realized - death. But the gathering last ounce of strength they are waiting for the last attack ... Attacks that will decide the fate of the world ...

I know well, delirium and suddenly anything useful.

Level 5
My project - map. A bit similar to yours. Begaj shoot, kill other players, or zombies, etc.
Hm...Add the quest - about someone who did all this. There was one scientist. And something happened to him, but he changed a lot. And then he smashed the instrument releasing into the atmosphere poisonous substances.
And add it to the chain of quests. But first, he is kind, helps to survive, but then it mutates into a creature and what it needs to kill.

P.S. А по русски нельзя?)
Maybe on Russian?)

Level 10
Quality map, but the psionic marine seems a bit underpowered especially compared to the firebat that just needs a good damage boost and is dishing out crazy damage thanks to his attack speed and clip size, you should make power items have a lower effect on the faster attacking units and greater effect on slow attackers like the sniper.

Also the special events are kind of dull, they don't do much haha.
Still 5/5 +rep;)

Level 7
Still 5/5 +rep;)

Thank you for your reply! Unfortunately i've formated my Disc Drive with Warcraft3, this map and other games.
I can't release anymore versions because i've losted my editable version of map. ;)

And now im playing Starcraft 2 and just relaxing on maps of other authors.
SC2 Editor have few bugs with different languages and can't be normally used by now. :)

But i'm look forward to make new map for Starcraft2, because until now i can't any map which suits my needs of good gameplay. ;)

Level 3
I remember playing the previous version of the map, and i already tried this new version in singleplayer for a few mins. Seems to be nice.

I wanna give it a try in multiplayer but for that it would be good if you could upload your map to http://www.makemehost.com/, its a website that lets you host maps via their own bots. This can help your map to gain more popularity and allows people to host the map who otherwise are not able to host games themselve.

Level 3
Finally won the game with a party of 6 players in total (me lvl 100 medic), but i have to say we were busy all the time, couldnt even finish quest which are hidden on the map, anyway, was really fun to play