• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Naga - Tidearcher

Naga - Tidearcher

I was asked for a "Naga Archer" model and here it is.
The model is based on the Naga sea witch.
But I edited the lady so that the model here looks much younger than this old hag. ^^
This is my first naga ... hope you like it.

Update, July 12th:
The desired changes were made by me and since the CommandButtons no longer fit, I added new ones right away.
Previews
Contents

Naga - Tidearcher (Model)

Naga - Tidearcher_Icons (Icon)

Naga - Tidearcher_Portrait (Model)

Reviews
Mr Ogre man
Works ingame and is a great addition to the naga roster. Great job!
Level 34
I believe he was going for original Naga/Medusa Look from old soruces and games like Heroes of Might and Magic 3 for example

Exactly.
The original Warcraft III Naga siren was topless in SD too.
And when I was looking for Naga archers for inspiration, I also found this WoW-RPG cover:

That was the only naga archer picture from Warcraft besides the "Slithering Archers" from Heartstone that I found.
The first thing I did was to have her completely topless.
But then I decided against it, not that anyone felt uncomfortable. xD

I'm quite torn with this model, because it certainly goes in the right direction, but I find it so simple for Raddazong's standards. I've tested it ingame and works great, but it just looks too similar to the other naga archers.
Since you've already altered the diffuse channel, what about giving the orange fins a different colour (blue-purple or yellow-green, for example), or even Teamcoloured like other naga? That's quite easy with a hue recolour or some LOD tweaks. Some more geomerging could be done as well.

This model is certainly approval worthy, but I want you (@Raddazong ) to consider making it great, and not just good. I've seen your past models, and this could truly shine in your hands.

Level 18
I definitely agree with the fact that the model looks too similar to the regular hero, making it hard to distinguish between them.
A full recolor of the skin color would be great, or slightest touch like OgreMan mentioned.

Please no more team colour. I think she will look better if she is completely topless and gets that good old greenish cyan colour the rpg one has.
Most naga have TC fins. I don't mind if she was nude or not, though, but the strap thingy makes sense with her quiver.

Edit: Nice, now she looks different enough. Glad to see those changes so fast