• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

CaptainHec's Building Pack - Naga

This bundle is marked as awaiting update. A staff member has requested changes to it before it can be approved.
Various Naga Building models

Thanks to the Hive community and Retera for their tool.
Give me credits

The following is for reference only:

Temple of Waves: Starting resource gathering structure.
"Some time ago, strange structures began to appear on the banks"

Temple of Storms: Ultimate resource gathering structure.
"As time went by, visitors from the depths began to settle, bringing their curious architecture inland"

Hatchery Pool: Unit production structure. (Turtle Hatchery)
"Many of the members of the Naga faction have a complete dependence on salt water in the early stages of their development"

Abyssal Secret: Definitive Unit production structure
"No one knows what lives in the abyssal depths, where, throughout the eons, even death may die"

Dragon Temple: Unit production structure o Tech Structure.
"It is said that some oceanic creatures never stop growing, the oldest ones are worshiped as gods."

Reef Dome: Tech structure / Wood deposit / Shop
Nobody knows what this race stores in the corals strategically distributed inland.

Murgul Exploitation: Cheaper unit production structure and upgrade.
"The poor lower sea races were the first to be subdued by the Naga snakes"

==============================================

The models still need work:

- Learn to create portraits
- Add birth, casting/creation, death and dissapear animation
- Add some relevant animations

Also buttons.

Feel free to use them and make them better, I just learned something last week in RETERA, but I always want to complete the races that are incomplete in W3: Naga, Blood Elf, Draenei, Fel Orc, Corrupted Elf (Satir).

Finally, i'm finished birth and death anims (They are not the best, but they exist)

270011-17d76d2924d51183a44c1beff5db9737.gif
Previews
Contents

Naga - Abyssal Secrets (Model)

Naga - Abyssal Secrets (Icon)

Naga - Abyssal Secrets (Black) (Icon)

Naga - Dragon Temple (Icon)

Naga - Dragon Temple (¿Or Dagon Temple?) (Model)

Naga - Hatchery (Model)

Naga - Hatchery (Icon)

Naga - Murgul Village (Model)

Naga - Murgul Village (Icon)

Naga - Reef Dome (Model)

Naga - Reef Dome (Icon)

Naga - Temple of Elders (Icon)

Naga - Temple of Elders (Level 3) (Model)

Naga - Temple of Waves (Icon)

Naga - Temple Of Waves (Level 1) (Model)

Reviews
Ardenaso
The Dragon Temple doesn't have a working Stand Work animation and it just slowly plays its Death animation. Their death animations still have non-naga building death popcorn. None of them have working portrait with TC plane. AWAITING UPDATE until...
Level 2
This is what I have wanted to see for so long. Before this, I used models with SD graphics, but now you can add these models and completely switch to HD. Thanks a lot.

It might be worth adding icons to new buildings.
There is also an option to add an attack animation for the main building.
But I'm not familiar with the process of creating both models and icons and don't know how difficult it will be to complete.

Level 21
Nice addition to the Naga race, but mind me asking...

What does the Reef Dome provide?
The other models the Naga got pretty covers their other needs and what not...

Level 14
Although I like updates, I see a tendency of reusing similar doodads in different buildings - in particular, winged serpent is both in T3 main building, murloc barracks and default Azshara Shrine.
I'd like to suggest to remake main building completely, replacing serpent statue with Azshara statue - as WoW shrines of naga and the Eternal Palace of Nazjatar have.

Aunque me gustan las actualizaciones, veo una tendencia a reutilizar elementos similares en diferentes edificios; en particular, la serpiente alada está en el edificio principal T3, en los cuarteles de los múrloc y en el Santuario Azshara predeterminado.
Me gustaría sugerir rehacer el edificio principal por completo, reemplazando la estatua de la serpiente por la estatua de Azshara, como lo han hecho los santuarios de naga de WoW y el Palacio Eterno de Nazjatar.
Image plz (i'm not WOW Player)

Level 21
And got to say the new models too work well with the models too you can use for the Naga Race so they got more variety too...

Yeah and I never did care for the giant snake head as the main base thing for the Naga Town Hall Building and the Queen Azshara Statue works way much better...

And too be honest this will give Naga a more unique style too them and same with Blood Elves that can use their own buildings too and not just use the Human and Dwarf ones for theirs...etc...

Attachments

• Naga Buildings.png
    Naga Buildings.png
    4 MB · Views: 26
Level 2
I think I got something, but the death animations are difficult.

View attachment 453299
I watch your work with delight and never cease to be amazed by these models and the work done.
Now you've even added icons to the buildings you made.
But I have a question, do you still have the “Naga - Abyssal Secrets” icon that was there before?
If so, could you please share it if possible?
If not, then it's okay. The one we have now is also quite good.

I watch your work with delight and never cease to be amazed by these models and the work done.
Now you've even added icons to the buildings you made.
But I have a question, do you still have the “Naga - Abyssal Secrets” icon that was there before?
If so, could you please share it if possible?
If not, then it's okay. The one we have now is also quite good.
Done, Is it because the image is more centered? or by the green background of the other icons?

Level 2
Done, Is it because the image is more centered? or by the green background of the other icons?
More like both facts, but that's subjective.
Personally, I find it more pleasing to look at a more centralized icon than some part of it.
As for the color, I don't have any complaints about it. Except that it might be worth trying to play with blue/turquoise shades and make icons in those shades.

More like both facts, but that's subjective.
Personally, I find it more pleasing to look at a more centralized icon than some part of it.
As for the color, I don't have any complaints about it. Except that it might be worth trying to play with blue/turquoise shades and make icons in those shades.
I analyzed the icons for humans (blue with black), orcs (red with black), night elves (green with black (see altar)), undead (purple with black).

Considering I plan to complete:

Naga
High Elf
Draenei
Corrupted Elf
Feel Orc

It would help me a lot if you gave me a suggestion of background colors for the buttons, I have color blindness and I am not the best at choosing colors.

Ardenaso

HD Model Reviewer
Level 33
The Dragon Temple doesn't have a working Stand Work animation and it just slowly plays its Death animation. Their death animations still have non-naga building death popcorn. None of them have working portrait with TC plane.

AWAITING UPDATE until it's resolved.

For HIGH QUALITY: I'd suggest the Reef Dome to have an extra gem on the center top of the arch that also glows in Stand Work, and then the snakes' eyes be turned off normally and make them glow on Stand Work; the Murgul Village to have gems on the snake's eyes that also glow on Stand Work and shrink it's wings to keep the meshes balanced, and as well as some more decoration on its grounds like weapons, fishes, shrubs, etc. ; the Temple of Waves to also have gems on it's snake's eyes again for Stand Work, and the change one of the flanking corals to another plant to be a bit more asymmetrical; the Temple of Elders to have slightly shrunk statue and arch behind to again keep the meshes balanced and to prevent the arch's textures from being low resolution, and make them top most part of the statue into a real gem that shines on Stand Work; and then retexture the cube in the Abyssal Secrets to match the Naga/Sunken Ruins theme, and improve the fluidity of the tentacle: don't extend it too much, like you can balance it down or reduce one layer of the tentacle "joints" to make the lower part less blurred. And then in general, try to make some of their rubble stay for Decay