• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Naga Start Position

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
[Solved]Naga Start Position

Hey guys I was working on my new map Naga Battle but I got a problem.
When I was trying to set the Naga Start Position, I set it on both Naga bases(red and blue), but when i go in game testing map, Naga starting position replaces with a Human starting position. Can someone tell me how to fix it? My WCIII version is 1.24b. And can you tell me in steps, because I'm newbie in World Editor.

Last edited:
Level 3
You should update your warcraft to 1.26 :/

Anyway there is not a starting points for the naga.
You will have to create the unit yourself.

I should, but this is my old computer so it doesent really matter, it have very low HDD.

I created the units for the naga but when i try to test map that way it says i must have the starting position and there is a "create random starting position" and "cancel" button so i cant do it..

You need to change the race's "peasants" and "town hall" to apply Naga Race, or remove the starting action and add the trigger that run on map Init which makes the naga starting units.

Well, didn't really understand you, but I think you wanted to say that I must replace the Peasants and Town Hall with Mur'gul Slaves and Reavers, and the starting building for naga(forgot the name), but then I can't create the starting position for Humans anymore, is it right or not?
And can you explain me how to do it because I really don't understand the scripting stuff and that things.

Level 3
Delete the trigger creating starting units for every player. But you will have to create starting units for other players too ;)

Done it , but when i want to save my map a window appears:
Not all player starting locations are placed. Automatically generate locations?
Yes No
When I click on No the window disapears without saving anything.
I have deleted the line:
Melee Game - Create Starting Units For Player

Help?

Last edited:
Level 5
  • Naga Starting Units
    • Events
      • Time - Elapsed game time is 0.00 seconds
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Unit - Create 1 Temple of Tides for Player 1 (Red) at (Player 1 (Red) start location) facing Default building facing (270.0) degrees
      • Unit - Create 5 Mur'gul Slave for Player 1 (Red) at (Player 1 (Red) start location) facing Default building facing (270.0) degrees
Something like that? Be sure to remove the Melee Game - "Create Starting Units" trigger. If you want other starting units, you can add the following trigger for each player.

• Melee Initialization
    • Events
      • Map initialization
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Melee Game - Create (Race of Player 2 (Blue)) starting units for Player 2 (Blue) at (Player 2 (Blue) start location) (Include Heroes)

Level 3
Footman16 said:
Download one of my custom race maps the blood elves or fel horde and copy from there.

It's already done, units are created I have only problems with that timer and Altar of Depths. And I have Nagas, but I'm planning to do a map Blood Elves vs. Garithos, you can help me about it, if you want. We could do a campaign or something else?

• Naga Starting Units
    • Events
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Unit - Create 1 Temple of Tides for Player 1 (Red) at (Player 1 (Red) start location) facing Default building facing (270.0) degrees
      • Unit - Create 5 Mur'gul Slave for Player 1 (Red) at (Player 1 (Red) start location) facing Default building facing (270.0) degrees
Something like that? Be sure to remove the Melee Game - "Create Starting Units" trigger. If you want other starting units, you can add the following trigger for each player.

• Melee Initialization
    • Events
      • Map initialization
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Melee Game - Create (Race of Player 2 (Blue)) starting units for Player 2 (Blue) at (Player 2 (Blue) start location) (Include Heroes)

- Units are already created, it's ready to go, I have only problems with timer and altar.

To add Vash in the altar searche the line in the altar : unit produced or something like that.

wat?

Well, you need to make the RevealWarning variable on your own.

Well I don't need that actually, because I only need to remove that timer and warning, I don't have to edit that because players already have the Temple of Tides and Mur'gul Slaves.

Last edited:
  • Naga Starting Units
    • Events
    • Conditions
    • Actions

• Melee Initialization
    • Events
      • Map initialization
    • Conditions
    • Actions

Nu-uh.. Leaks. You can also use Integer loop for efficiency.

@SerbianBoyZz If you know how to edit units, you might as well know what the Object Editor is.

Status
Not open for further replies.