• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Help For Triggers (if solved then naga could be playable)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Right now i'm working on a map (it automatically show a dialog: choose race, human,night elf, naga ,undead ) <----- that works perfectly

so far for naga when you finish building something it says job done(naga sound :) ) but i do not know how create triggers (event/conditions) for:

---a unit is is unable to construct :( <----- my prob (eg for human
it would be by default ------> i cant build there (human sound))

---the worker icon cant be changed via trigger (or at least i dont think it does)
so i'll use the orc build icon ( it'll fit for every race )

if you guys could tell me whether there is a trigger for that than Naga could be fully playable with sound e.c.t ( when game starts , not in chat screen)

Level 2
By the way Dr Super Good, They used Game Interface (advanced\GameInterface\)

By the way I've found a trigger for jobs done :)

Event: A unit finishes construction
Condition: Structure built equal to (all the naga buildings)
Action: play sound (jobs done NAGA)

how i did action: i used an mpq opener and opened war3xlocal.mpq and found the sounds

Rui

Rui

Level 41
Since you cannot implement a separate race altogether, you have to make a workaround. Is a default player's race playing its «job done» sound when a structure has finished constructing? If yes, you should go to Gameplay Interface (I think that's it) and just set all the sounds to null, and then play the respective sound upon the event, just like you already know, apparently.
You'll have to do that for every event where a race's interface sounds are played. As for the error, I believe there is no way to detect when a building fails to be placed; personally, I'd just replace all the sounds for Error.wav (I think that's the one).

~Thread moved to World Editor Help Zone

Level 2
Hey BTW is it possible to create custom triggers via JASS E.c.t ?

I've read about Jass and all it seems like is that you write a normal trigger. What purpose does JASS have that trigger editor doesn't have?
:ogre_rage::ogre_rage:

Status
Not open for further replies.