• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Naga - Custom Music

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
hi everyone!

We all know the map named Ragin Stream.

This is a link (4hared download link) to a modified version of the map which appears identical to the original, but with one vital difference - if the player sets the Race to Night Elf and the handicap to 90%, he gets the naga race instead of the classic NE race!

the Naga Race from the campaign!

the map works beautifully and perfectly thanks to Tjordell (he made the triggers in JASS, i made and balanced units, upgrades, timers etc).

my only gripe - if i turn on the music, it still plays the Night Elf sound track!

i downloaded some mp3s off youtube, the soundtrack from the dungeon named Vashj'ir (the level 80-85 place.

is there any way to make a simple trigger which goes something like this:

Event: map initialization
Condition: If Race of player 1 equals the custom made Naga race
Action: replace the standard NE track with a custom mp3.

Ideally i would like to use two custom mp3,s, but i will gladly settle for just one custom mp3 to become the new soundtrack for the Naga custom race.

Is this possible? I tried, but i dont know how to make the custom naga race appear as a term of comparisson.

Many thanks

Level 4
Any pics of this Naga race? Or a text file transcript of the techtree & such?

download that file from 4shared ...its the map itself and play it in frozen throne game.

select night elf and set handicap to 90%. You ll get to play as Naga instead Night Elf, but the music is still NE soundtrack.

if you want to take a look at the map and triggers, open it in Warcraft 3 JASS editor (a special warcraft editor with enhanced JASS functionalities)

you wont be able to use or edit map in regular editor! the regular editor will invalidate the triggers making the custom race!

Level 4
Sorry, nobody wants to sign up for 4shared just so they could download your map. Just upload the map here. Attach it to your post or use Pastebin.

you dont need to sign up for 4shared! its a simple download link!

and i cannot just attach it to my post...the site wont let me do that!

and pastebin works exactly like 4shared! you do NOT need to be signed up to download anything! just click the download button, and wait the 20 seconds for free download

Level 4
I dont know!

I get an error written in red "The following error occured - There was a problem uploading your file"

it happends regardless if i upload an rar archive or a .w3x map format.

But why wont you use the 4shared link? its free, no sign up required to download anything!

Level 4
Because some people don't feel safe downloading files from a third party website they haven't heard of. Have you tried uploading it in the pastebin?

4shared is really one of the biggest sharing site ! right there with dropbox and others
bigger than imgur !
its not some two-dime back-alley site!

EDIT: yaay! i managed to upload the map as a zip file! just extract it and play it inside Frozen Throne !

the race is the naga from the campaign.
since the nagas do not upgrade their central building (like the other races do), you will have to upgrade both weapons and armor to advance.

also, from lvl 1 to lvl 2 then to lvl 3, build at least 1 building of the buildings that are available!

you will need at least 1 of each available buildings to proceed and unlock next upgrade levels: i.e. to get to level 3 you need Shrine of Azshara (building that makes the siren spell casters).

To get to level 2, you must build at least 1 item shop (Coral Reef) and 1 Tidal Guardian (the naga version of guard tower).

All the numbers, HPs, armors etc are the same as the official version! No such numbers were changed in any way!

Remember - to open the map properly, use the JASS Warcraft 3 editor, and NOT the official world editor!

Attachments

• naga.zip
    1.2 MB · Views: 79

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 45
4shared is really one of the biggest sharing site ! right there with dropbox and others
bigger than imgur !
its not some two-dime back-alley site!
Huh. I've never heard of it.

aztec11us said:
the race is the naga from the campaign.
since the nagas do not upgrade their central building (like the other races do), you will have to upgrade both weapons and armor to advance.

also, from lvl 1 to lvl 2 then to lvl 3, build at least 1 building of the buildings that are available!

you will need at least 1 of each available buildings to proceed and unlock next upgrade levels: i.e. to get to level 3 you need Shrine of Azshara (building that makes the siren spell casters).

To get to level 2, you must build at least 1 item shop (Coral Reef) and 1 Tidal Guardian (the naga version of guard tower).

All the numbers, HPs, armors etc are the same as the official version! No such numbers were changed in any way!
That is all pertinent information that you could've given in the first place when I asked about the race, y'know. :<

Thanks (for that & the upload).

Level 4
Huh. I've never heard of it.

That is all pertinent information that you could've given in the first place when I asked about the race, y'know. :<

Thanks (for that & the upload).

actually, right in my OP, i said: the naga race from the campaign. go read :)

so...what do you think ? is it possibleo create a trigger for a custom soundtrack ?

Status
Not open for further replies.