• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

My Trainer Collection (of 2007)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 21
These are the trainers ive been buying in 2007, and a few more i might get before the year is out. i dunno if anyone else likes trainers (or sneakers?) but i thought i would share a few of the ones ive got, maybe you could share some of the ones you have too :D as you can see my style is a bit crazy and colourful but at least they arent boring :p no Nikes im afraid, havent seen any this year that have blown me away apart from some Air Force 1s that were like £200 ($400) and some Air Maxes which were cool but my mate got the last pair before me! anyways check em out!

Dre/Ed Lover Pumas - MTV X YO! Raps:

2c7ae6042a.jpg

i got these on saturday the 29th of septembet so they are brand new. they are in the new MTV X YO! Raps range and are the coolest (imo) out of them all. based on the old clyde (who would have guessed?) but with some cool colours (note: i take out those pink laces :D) and a few nice little details, seriously retro! only 500 of these world wide (apparently) and i feel proud to have a pair!

Adidas - Siloette End "To" End:

447342269_534b362d1c.jpg

get these from footlocker if you can!!! sold out almost everywhere! if anyone finds a site that can deliever to the UK on these shoes tell me coz i wanna get another pair! peppermint laces are a bit weird so i swapped em for a black pair and they look sick. love the design on the side and sole, too bad not many people see the latter, doesnt make em any less cool tho.

Adidas Stan Smith Pool:

26e3_1_b.JPG

the stan smith design is a classic, but can be a bit boring so when i saw these with a funky pool ball pattern on the side i though what the heck just get em! i wasnt sure about the green heel bits, i think it clashes with the pattern but no ones sees it because of how i wear my jeans. the pattern is nice and because the bit at the front is white it isnt too over powering which isnt really shown in the picture. still a cool, if classic, design and a twist with the pool ball pattern, not bad just for fun :D

Adidas Gazelle "City Series" Tokyo:

adidas_gazellevintage_Tokyo_med.jpg

Out of the Gazelle city series i only really liked the london, rio and tokyo ones (the NYC ones were ok too) so i decided to pick up a pair when i saw them on the net for £54.99, with a usuall RRP of like £80. the colours are pretty harsh but i usually have my jeans half covering the side so they arent as bright to look at, in the end they look pretty nice and the colours do go nicely. the only thing was i had to change tho laces, Gazelle laces suck and bright red sucked even more, some thicker white ones made them a bit more subtle and they are pretty cool!

gazelle_vintage_rio_med.jpg

Adidas Gazelle "City Series" Rio:

The Rio Gazelles i love soooo much! the colours and design are freaking sweet (apart from the laces that i changed to thicker ones) and they are one of my favourite shoes. with these i gott have the tongue out and lift my jeans at the side so people can see the whole design, overall a very nice shoe; unfortunately very expensive too!

Adidas Gazelle "City Series" London:

Dammit!!! i couldnt get these in my size!!!!! i will keep trying on these ones!!

Puma Baskets - Heat Sensitive:

puma-basket-heat-sensitive.jpg

these trainers are heat sensitive and will change colour when you touch them and stuff! in warm whether they go two tone between a brown and blue colour and look amazing! there is a vid here for them which shows it all, nuff said:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CFTEaDNfpbg&mode=related&search=

So thats what i got so far this year, im thinking abouy getting some others:

Adidas "Superstar" Run DMC:

9f07_1_b.JPG

these are just superstars with RUN DMC on the heel and a little RUN DMC lace thing at the front, i might get these and mix em up with some Adicolor laces, i dunno yet.

Adidas Adicolor:

2005422115910104.jpg

these are just superstars where you get a load of laces and you make your own colours! you also get strips if you get the stan smith ones but both are hard to find at in my size so again these are a maybe

Adidas Wilhelm Bunghert:

6674_1.JPG

i dont know much about these and i dunno how much i like em but i saw them on the net for £36 inc. delivery so i might get them just for funzies!

anyways thats my collection this year, no nike (sorry :( i got lots of nike last year :D) but plenty of adidas! i thinking about getting one of those other shoes at the bottom in a couple of weeks so give me a shout on which ones you like!

also, trainers are all about personal style and expression; and ones that you may hate might look freaking sweet on some people and they may love them! post your trainers and why you like em!

Last edited:
Level 21
I personally don't get the point of shoes above $20 USD.
--donut3.5--

you wouldnt be able to buy a pair of second hand shoes in a car boot sale for £10 ($20) here. infact, a pair of old tramp shoes would sell for more than that!

ok, maybe thats an exaggeration, but unless you wanna be wearing Hi-Techs its £30+ ($60). still, i got the money to spend, and i like buying and wearing trainers so why the not? anyways the point of it is to have a bit of style, to have something cool that you like and can be proud of and also because if you buy cheap trainers they are either gunna look like shit or be robbed from the back of a lorry. i mean, some people like Hi-Tech, i think they are a for tramps :p if you are saying whats the point of spending alot on shoes then whats the point on spending alot on anything? cheap clothes, cheap car, cheap house, cheap food; cheap everything, it will all do the job! the asnwer is because you want to and because you like what you are buying no matter the price.

Status
Not open for further replies.