• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

My map

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Please help with my map (give me yur e-mail and ill send it to you)
Im really new to this map mking thing and i want my map to be like last stand the flash game (game site is kongregate.com and search for last stand 2)
I want to learn how to do skins and like make the cursor look like a crosshairs and make it click = hit and triggers like pick up a shotgun = shotgun hero stuff like that please help!!!!! Ill do what u need me to

Level 22
You will need to learn how to make maps, then you will try to recreate what you see in your game to make it in the map. It usually starts with creating the terrain, the doodads (such as trees etc), units and object data, then triggers and models. You can go through the tutorials:

http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/f98/world-editor-faq-help-zone-guidelines-39805/

But you will have to see how to use the terrain bursh, how to place units and everything. For starter you will need to learn that by playing with the editor and its features.

The zombies and you shooting them is a common theme, like resident evil and if you want to, you can also play maps like that, also to see what a map of that kind is like:
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/maps.php?status=g&search=resident evil&d=list&r=20

Level 3
I looked at the tutorials and they didnt help......
To make skins i need a program and the ones tutorial recommends dont work anymore :/

Level 14
1.) Last Stand 1 and 2 are awesome.
2.) I think there are a couple systems in the spells section.
3.) Also, search the forums for backpack because several people have done them.
4.) Making skins takes a long time. If you want to make your own skins and don't have Photoshop use GIMP. GIMP is free and can do pretty much everything that Photoshop can. I think a couple of the tutorials link the site. If not just use google to search for it.
5.) There are a lot of military-type models here. There are quite a few weapons too. Here are a lot of them.

Level 3
ya but.. the thing is im really bad at "creativity" so .. i can proly make it look kind of like the last stand 2 guys and since im using RoC it limits a few things also i dont know how to add anything i know how to import just not how to add it to stuff school is starting soon and all ill proly be able to do is homework on my computer because it takes months and months and months .... to make a good map i dont know if i can do all of it without help....

Level 2
so, this seems like a kinda big project for a new guy at mapping :hohum: If you want to make the shooting really easy like I did is use shockwave, set the spell animation to hurl boulder, damage w/e, cd 0.2, and range say 2500. I used it in my first failed map. :gg:

EDIT: Oops, i didnt see that other post you did.. RoC? Im not sure this would work on that but, I would be glad to help you on this map. Im not a total expert on triggers though.

Level 3
Erm because i wanted to make the map a lil more gloomy i deleted my old map and i started a new one its gonna be a while before i have a completed terrain map (working on it)

Level 3
I am decent on the triggering front, and i can also make good terrain, I can work the Object Editor for ya too. I would be very interested in helping with this project.

I've played Last Stand (havnt beatn it tho). I have some cool ideas that would work nicely for making into wc3. If you want I can quickly make something for you just to show some ideas.

Questions: Is this going to be multiplayer? (Bnet); If it is will the players work as a team, create teams...Go it alone? Will the zombies be able to be player controlled (A zombie player...)?

The fact that you are somehow still using RoC amazes me but...that's ok.

Level 3
Yes its going to be multiplayer i have already worked that out. There will be 5 humans locked on teams. No zombie player i have worked out how to do that trigger im just not sure how to do it it i know how to make the trigger if someone tells me the event and stuff like that.
Send me the map
[email protected]

Level 3
Ok here is the map:
View attachment Last Stand Demo.w3x

Um...I can't really help this but you are REALLY gonna need TFT because a lot of the simple things will have to be triggered if you use RoC. =(

EDIT: i just removed as much TFT stuff as i could...and it kinda sucks. But there is no way I can make it fully RoC.

Level 3
Thats cuz your on RoC...everyone else uses TFT and i really can't help you unless you upgrade. I can't tell what is RoC and what is only in TFT....

Status
Not open for further replies.