• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

My Diplo Map

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Seeing as many of my friends and clanmates aren't on very often(or 1-2 at a time), I was wondering if anyone would want to help conduct the current hero and item tests, and, in the future, unit and trigger beta tests as well, all leading up to the big bad beta with everything thrown together at last.
I'm sure most of you guys have heard of Dynasty Warriors, Dynasty Tactics and/or Romance of the Three Kingdoms(or even Kessen 2), and that is what my map is based on. This is my first map, and a diplo at that, so if you're expecting nifty custom heroes, stop reading. Things I would like to implement/have implemented are....

1)20 playable rulers(have the heroes) with different start locations and situations

2)Ruler selection system

3)Unique cities(prolly 50+) that give varying amounts of gold

4)Organize cities by province. Controlling an entire province would offer a slight resource bonus and a special unit that is a more powerful version of a pre-existing unit.

5)A varied cast of units with harder counters than those that exist in Warcraft(i.e. infantry>archer unless either is really good/stupid), encouraging one to employ a varied army(have models set.)

6)Custom attack types(just need to change text explaining what's effective against what.)

7)A wide variety of purchasable/findable items with basis in DW, RTK, or my own mind.(largely done)

8)Conquering all of China nets victory. I hope to include codes(based upon the player's selected ruler) that will allow them to access secret rulers and whatever music they want

9)Actual music from throughout the DW and RTK series

10)The "barbarian nations" the Han was in proximity with:Qiang, Xiong Nu, Wuwan, Shanyue, Di, and Nanman as well as the Taiwanese and the Japanese(Wo.)

11)Barbarian specials granted from conquering on of the tribes.

12)Eventual implementation of non-ruler officers into gameplay(everyone ranging from Guan Yu to Gu Yong to Guo Jia.)

13)Trivia facts on each ruler ranging from which popular Chinese food is named after Cao Cao to the location of their tombs to actual humorous occurrences and folk lore.

Long list I know, and prolly not too good on the eyes. But this aspiring map-maker could use some aid. Additionally, any suggestions are welcome...

Status
Not open for further replies.